• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Audio scrubbing for Photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will audio scrubbing for animators ever be added to photoshop?  Seems to me if audio scrubbing is in Animate & After Effects it can't be that much of a stretch to add the function to photoshop.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

So, I've been using photoshop as a tool for my animation for quite some time now, with the use of some nifty plugins, but the one thing that has always bothered me was that i cant hear the audio whilst scrubbing the timeline, so it's really hard to time effects and lipsync.

So i was wondering if anyone knows if this is even available through photoshop, or through the use of a plug in.

I know some people use notes to define the tones etc, but this is pretty distracting in the quick workflow that i have right now. 

So if someone knows if it is possible at all, i would be much obliged!

Regards, 

Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop has some basic video support. Adobe video products are Premier and After effects.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@michaelf75129551 

Moved from Photoshop Discussions to Photoshop Ideas.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2021 Oct 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is one of my main struggles with Photoshop at the moment. Whenever I try lip-syncing audio, it's always off by a couple of frames, but it's virtually impossible to try and fix this without audio scrubbing. If this feature got added to  Photoshop, then I wouldn't have to change workflows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2022 Dec 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It'd be nice. A workaround with Adobe CC is to load audio or AV into Premiere Pro, and use the audio scrubbing feature there, with timeline display set to frame numbers to get the exact frame numbers for audio peaks and valleys. Audio scrubbing can be activated in Premiere's preferences. You'll also want to turn the Photoshop timeline display options to show frame numbers. Jumping back and forth can be bothersome, but you can get the hang of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate