• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bring back "Shake Reduction" filter - Removed in Photoshop v.23.3.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Änderungen am Programm ohne die User zu fragen - "Verwacklung reduzieren" in PS v.23.3.0 entfallen?

Mittlerweile ist man es als User gewohnt, dass Adobe Änderungen an Photoshop und Co. vornimmt.

Erst der "Fehler" seit Anfang Februar, dass die Ebenen bei der Nutzung von Color Lookup´s schwarz sind und somit nicht nutzbar (das Problem habe ich nach zwei Monaten endlich selbst gelöst) und nun fehlt schlicht und einfach wieder ein Scharfzeichnungsfilter, den viele wahrscheinlich nicht häufg nutzen, ich jedoch als finales Schärfen, diesen "Verwacklung reduzieren" mit Vorliebe eingesetzt habe.

Heute am Rechner, Bilder vom Ostersonntagmorgen mit Monduntergang, sitze hier, bearbeite und ... bin überrascht, dass ich meinen Filter nicht mehr finde.

Falls dieser doch noch irgendwo sein sollte, mal wieder irgendwo ganz hinten drin versteckt, bin ich dankbar für jeden Tipp.

Liebe Grüße und ein schönes Osterfest...
Gordon

Idea No status Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

You can install version 22.5.7 along with version 23.3.1, so you can have both 2022 and 2021 installed at the same time, version 2021 will have the shake reduction filter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

@John Young Photography 

As a workaround you could revert back to version 23.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 296 Replies 296
296 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As someone else posted, next time copy the Shake Reduction.8bf file and after each update that knocks it out, just reinstall it. Until Adobe can rectify this we will need to play the game. There have been a lot of complaints about Adobe for years but the truth of the matter is nothing else comes close. Photoshop is an incredibly complex software program and they are working constantly to debug and improve it, not to mention new tools and improvements come regularly. For me it is an awesome entity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@lesterk25013207I'm using  23.3.2 and it's still working. I don't let Adobe auto update anything so I think I'll stick with this until something comes along which warrants an update. RE Adobe disabling that filter: It seems very likely it IS the case that Adobe pushed out some code to disable this specific plugin because I have (VERY) old 8bf(s) that still work just fine. If that were to be confirmed it's just another (solid) reason to migrate.Why would anyone want to use a product from a company that does that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You obviously haven't been reading this thread

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developers are routinely removing useful tools and removing tools that function perfectly. Millenial programmers, out of touch with users needs, nothing new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meant to write developers are routinely removing useful tools and adding gimmicks and gadgets that have little use. Millenial programmers, out of touch with paying subscribers. That's what happens when you're the only show in town.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TX to this thread used Topaz AI clear-worked great. Then in PS copied head to new layer and applied High Pass. Worked wonderfully. Might have invest more in Topaz. Still love LR, but this panning shot had too much blur on head of Pelican. Topaz top /Orig bottom. Linda R

B4_aft-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried running the Shake Reduction filter (added back in) on Version 23.4.1 and now getting a disc error. Looks like something else has been tweaked to keep it from working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How were you making it work before? Did you paste in file from the older version? Try reinstalling it. Still working well for me. And, try resetting your preferences. Screws up all the time for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, brought back in from an older version. All ready tried reinstalling it both in the original location and in a filters folder for nother filters. Neither working for me at this time. Photoshop also restatred just in case, still not a solution. Glad to hear it is working under 23.4.1 for someone. I will play with it more when I get a chance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.2.2 works for me. got rid of my glitches with GPU and shake reduction is back

i did not save any other versions ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2022 Jul 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bring it back please!!! It was wonderful for the slight shake that often happens with macro photography! Please, please, please bring it back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Aug 01, 2022 Aug 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it seems Adobe has removed it from the current versions, it's not
completely gone. Just follow the comments in this thread (latest) and you
will see that quite a few people are still using it with the latest
version. I am still using it with 23.4.1.

Just take the 8bf from an older version and drop it in the plugins folder.
If you don't know how to do it, just look at earlier posts.

One important note: If you get it to work make sure you post it here so
others can see it. Also, if the filter is important to you I would suggest
holding off on future (micro) updates to ensure they don't find a way to
exclusively block that filter. Wait until a (major) update.

Hope it works out for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C1ndy_0-1659404587095.png

Wouldn't work for me. I got this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay! It works for me in version 23.3.2  by adding the 8bf file. Not on more recent versions. I'll stick with this one for now. 🙂

Thanks to all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, mate. I got it. 

Parker adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's back in version 23.5

2022-08-20 13_25_57-Untitled-1 @ 50% (RGB_8).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that only seems to be the case for 23.5 on the windows side.

On the mac side Shake Reduction is still missing in 23.5

After updating some other windows machines, i think i was mistaken about adobe including

shake reduction back in windows photoshop 23.5, since none of the other updated installs on

windows included the shake reduction filter.

I must have put the shake reduction in from an earlier photoshop version to see if it would work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it would be so great if they would bring back shake reduction on mac as well...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if they figure out how to keep it from crashing, will they bring the filter back? Do you know if this is something Adobe is trying to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this feature quite a lot as I find not only can it help fix a bit fo motion blur I find it works very well as a sharpen tool. I really don't understand why this is removed and would love to have it back. Is there somewhere you can feedback to adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is definitely not in v23.5 and pasting the .8bf back in the filters folder doesn't work either.  I can't believe they actually took this step to block the work around.  Just wasted an hour, should have stayed on the version I was on.  Now rolling back to an older version.

But isn't that M1 and now the M2 processor awesome!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like so many others waiting patiently for the second coming of the shake reduction filter for the M1, have you heard any rumblings if they're planning to bring it back in future releases of Ps? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[cursing removed by moderator ] I have the module file installed and it opens and starts perfectly, but is so machine resources intense that it either takes for ever to run the program or it ends up completely crashing the entire system. I have a screaming gaming laptop with the best independent graphics card and it still can't handle that. Any ideas or are others experiencing the same?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I stopped updating PS at 23.2.2 which I believe is the last version with
the Shake Reduction Filter. It is found under filters, under sharpen, and
it's not really a sharpening filter. It just moves pixels back in the
direction of the camera movement at the time of the exposure. I apply it
to almost every image I take. I use an older, home assembled, WIN 10
desktop and I haven't noticed it slowing down anything. I sure wish a 3rd
party plugin company would adapt the technology so I could buy it as a
separate plugin to PS and then upgrade to the latest version. If you don't
use it, I would just upgrade to the latest version of PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Adobe in their "wisdom" removed the very useful shake reduction filter (I could not run older versions of PS on my two M1 Macs), I looked at a number of third party products. In the end I opted for Topaz Labs AI Sharpen. This can be used as both a stand alone or a PS Plug In. I am not 100% convinced it is quite as good as the old filter but it is very close. It is also more flexible, as it will deal with both camera shake and out of focus. It runs pretty fast on my M1 Macs and they both only have 8GB of DRAM. I am dealing with quite large files from my Leica M10-R (41MP), both TIFF and JPEG. I have no connection with Topaz other than a satisfied customer. I also use Topaz's Gigpixel app for when I want a high resolution large print of say 24" x 36" from a relative's Epson 9880 large format printer, as I find it gives slightly sharper results than the Epson rip engine's up-rezzing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate