• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Bring back "Shake Reduction" filter - Removed in Photoshop v.23.3.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2022 Apr 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Änderungen am Programm ohne die User zu fragen - "Verwacklung reduzieren" in PS v.23.3.0 entfallen?

Mittlerweile ist man es als User gewohnt, dass Adobe Änderungen an Photoshop und Co. vornimmt.

Erst der "Fehler" seit Anfang Februar, dass die Ebenen bei der Nutzung von Color Lookup´s schwarz sind und somit nicht nutzbar (das Problem habe ich nach zwei Monaten endlich selbst gelöst) und nun fehlt schlicht und einfach wieder ein Scharfzeichnungsfilter, den viele wahrscheinlich nicht häufg nutzen, ich jedoch als finales Schärfen, diesen "Verwacklung reduzieren" mit Vorliebe eingesetzt habe.

Heute am Rechner, Bilder vom Ostersonntagmorgen mit Monduntergang, sitze hier, bearbeite und ... bin überrascht, dass ich meinen Filter nicht mehr finde.

Falls dieser doch noch irgendwo sein sollte, mal wieder irgendwo ganz hinten drin versteckt, bin ich dankbar für jeden Tipp.

Liebe Grüße und ein schönes Osterfest...
Gordon

Idea No status Locked
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

You can install version 22.5.7 along with version 23.3.1, so you can have both 2022 and 2021 installed at the same time, version 2021 will have the shake reduction filter

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

@John Young Photography 

As a workaround you could revert back to version 23.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 296 Replies 296
296 Comments
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wilson Laidlaw Topaz AI sharpen is $199 though, not cheap. I just don't understand why Adobe aren't listening to their customers and bring the shake reduction back, or if it can't be done at least explain to use why. Subscribing to Adobe CC is not cheap and I think we deserve better service. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Wilson Laidlaw "Topaz AI sharpen is $199". No it isn't. Each of the individual AI applications are $80 each. You can bundle all three for $199, or you can get the new Photo AI for $199 (combination of all three).

In any case, Topaz outperforms anything that Photoshop could ever do. I am now able to rescue most of the crappy phone images that other teacher take, to a quality publishable in print. IMHO, Topaz is worth every cent.

Br Barry.
I'm Dyslexic, please just live with my grammar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you're correct it's $80 each. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also ended up buying the Topaz Image Quality bundle. I re-processed some of the photos I had used the Photoshop camera shake reduction filter on with Topaz Sharpen AI. For me, around 80% of the time one of the Topaz algorithms produced better results than Photoshop's. For the other photos, the shake reduction filter still did the best job. The Topaz software is amazing, but I still find it valuable to have the Photoshop filter as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just another ask to please bring this feature back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would love to see it return in a new and improved way in the future

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found an alternate solution to the discontinuation of the shake reduction filter!

I tried out some software from Topaz Labs called Sharpen AI and Photo AI and they work SO beautifully! You can run them as a plugin for Lightroom and Photoshop (even on the M1 chip Macs) or as a standalone application.
It seamlessly re-imports the sharpened and de-blurred photo back into Lightroom.
https://www.topazlabs.com/sharpen-ai

https://www.topazlabs.com/topaz-photo-ai

I know that this isn't exactly the solution I was hoping for, but this totally saved my bacon from many of those "unrecoverable" shots. 

Hope this helps until Adobe adds Shake Reduction Filter back into newer versions of Ps.

** I am in no way affiliated with Topaz Labs, not getting any kind of kickback. The software is free to try, so check it out and see how it saves your focus!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe they removed it... ADOBE PLEASE ADD IT BACK!!!! SHAKE REDUCTION! PLEASE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone. I tried all of the suggestions above. Downloading Photoshop version 2.2 brought back the Shake Reduction. 

I'll be using version 2.2 to do shake reduction, then I'll be saving the PSD. then I'll bring it into a newer photoshop to finish the image.

Not happy that Adobe has had to make this so complicated. Considering we ALL USE THIS FEATURE. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another solution than using 2 versions of Photoshop:

Install Version 23.2.2 and search for the folder with the filter shake reduction (8BF-file)

Adobe Photoshop 2022 > Required > Plug-ins > Filters

Copy this file in the current Version (same way)

Adobe Photoshop 2023 > Required > Plug-ins > Filters

So, you can use the filter with current version but this only works if you don't uninstall version 23.2.2 !

Creative Cloud Desktop show Update for 23.2.2 to 23.5.3 (don't do that)

I don't know if it will continue to work like this, but I tried it today with version 24.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, today new Version 24.1. No longer works.

So use 2 versions, I give up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have contacted the help center so that they try to give me a solution to the problem that I have and that is none other than in my Photoshop (version 24.1.1) the Filter<Shake reduction (Perfilar in spanish) does not appear, which, it seems, has replaced the stabilizer that was previously in Filter<Sharpen<Image Stabilizer. I have uninstalled the program and I have reinstalled it without obtaining any results and after the consultation they have not been able to provide me with any other solution than to also install version 23.2.2 where the image stabilizer does appear. But I think that the most correct thing would be that when an element is deleted and replaced by another, the new one automatically appears in the corresponding place, which has not been my case. So please can someone tell me if there is a way to fix the problem without keeping two versions of Photoshop installed on my computer.

Thank you.

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are numerous requests for the same thing Here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-bring-back-quot-shake-reduction-quot-filt...

You can upvote the request but as of right now there is no replacement for the Shake Reduction filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2023 Jan 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PIXimperfect has a YouTube video explaining an alternative that works quite well for me

:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8yI3ymZEE&t=27s

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of the Topaz Photo AI software appears to have the same
shake reduction capability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is crazy that this has not be reimplemented. However, after getting tired of waiting for this issue to be resolved I have since bought Topaz sharpen and find it much better, not only for motion blur/camera shake but slightly out of focus shots. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also File>Sharpen>Smart Sharpen has a Motion Blur module that if used precisely gives as much or more control than the old Shake Reduction had.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8yI3ymZEE Don't let the video instruction intimidate you because once you have done it a couple of times it becomes second nature

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely ridiculous that this has been removed without a reasonable alternative. No I'm not paying Topaz $80 and the Smart Sharpen Motion Blur Option does squat all. I move all the dials and it doesn't change the image one iota.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the Smart Sharpen Motion Blur Option does squat all. I move all the dials and it doesn't change the image one iota.

Could you please post screenshots with the pertinent Panels (Toolbar, Layers, Options Bar, …) visible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@c.pfaffenbichler   Watch this video and try the technique:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US8yI3ymZEE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2023 Apr 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under Sharpen, the Shake Reduction tool disappeared without notice about a
year ago. The latest version of Topaz AI (not earlier versions) has a
similar function that seems to be pretty good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree w/the above poster. Please bring back Shake Reduction on the new CC platform!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many times I used this tool, I got mediocre results. I am not missing it at all. I recently tried a similar tool by Topaz, that did an amazing job.

Votes

Translate

Translate