• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add Shapes and Shape Tool to mobile/iPad

Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this? For a year they have told us this would be equivalent to a desktop version of Photoshop. Not at all. Where is the shape tool??? I’m so sad 😞

Idea Under review
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
38 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

June 2023. I just tried this app and find out there's no vector shape tool. I may as well delete this off my iPad because it's utterly useless without vector shapes. I don't work with "photos", I create graphics from scratch, and thus require the vector tools that are in Ps desktop. My computer is out for repair so I thought I could do my design work in this app. Welp, no dice. Now I must find a different app to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Boodlums _  wrote:

I just tried this app and find out there's no vector shape tool. I may as well delete this off my iPad because it's utterly useless without vector shapes.

Photoshop is a raster image editor at its core; while Illustrator is a vector drawing application. If you need to work with vector, then you want to use a vector drawing application such as Adobe Illustrator, which has vector shape tools.

Here's a screenshot from Adobe Illustrator for iPad:

janee_0-1687628141074.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This indeed is the royal problem. Silly me thought the first basic unskippable function would be shapes even a non graphic app like apple notes has shapes. It like designing a car and releasing it without wheels, since they are still working on them.🤨😜 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weak argument! The desktop version has it. Apple notes has it. Thinking paying consumers know this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markb777 wrote: Weak argument!

Mark, it wasn't an argument, it was addressed to Boodlums who was looking for another app to use: "Now I must find a different app to use."

There are 30 upvotes, including mine. Please be sure to add yours!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. But how about starting with shape tools as part of your foundation. Maybe you can't include lane detection in a car yet but at least the car has wheels. Shapes are basic, don't fall for this they need time thing, they could have included shapes, basic word processing has shapes for heavens sake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

| want this 2!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Shape Tool has been on the "What's Coming" for a long time. The Shape Tool code exists in Illustrator Mobile. Porting to Photoshop iPad is like Summer Intern 101. Go figure...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2024 Jan 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! Same here.   Having the ability to work on the move with SIMPLE shapes is much needed for me as well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, this is sad that such a simple feature is not on an this app for iPad. I need it for border for my thumbnails, but considering you've ignored it for four years, I guess we might as well forget about it right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2024 Mar 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No shape tool is pretty dumb. Please add this feature, it's been requested for over 4 years. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 13, 2024 Mar 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Photoshop iPad as a photographer. There are three features missing IMO - Select Sky, Shape Tools and Smart Filters (ACR). A few days ago, we received an Update - enhanced Removal Tool after three months since last update. For whatever reason Photoshop iPad is not a priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2024 Mar 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

need shape tool

Votes

Translate

Translate