• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Resize different text proportionally inside text box

Engaged ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I have text with different sizes inside the same text box and it's quite common that I need to resize the text, proportionally, but using the Transform Tool is not ideal, because it resizes the text box itself, which is not always the goal.

Someone suggested a "solution" here (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/change-text-size-without-transform-to...), but there's an issue with using a shortcut to add X amount of points. All text will be added X amount of point, but that is not how percentage works, so it will not keep the relationship betwen the different text sizes. Example:

Title at 50pts

Sub title at 25pts

Title is double the size of Sub title

Adding 50pts to each:

Title is now at 100pts

Sub title is now at 75pts, which is not half of Title.

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Engaged ,
Mar 23, 2022 Mar 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For those insterested in achieving this, while Adobe doesn't include this feature, here's a script you can use that @jazz-y created. Such an incredible and useful tool!

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-discussions/change-text-size-without-transform-to...

There are a few script options (tests) on that page, so make sure you use the one right after the sentence "I rewrote the script with this in mind, try:", because that's the good one.

Votes

Translate

Translate