• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems deactivating prior devices

Community Beginner ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Photoshop Elements 14 License for Windows. When I try to install that on a new computer, it says I have to deactive it from my old computers first. My old computers are broken. I went to my Adobe account and deactived my old computers so there are no activated devices left.

Still, when I try to start Photoshop Elements for the first time on my new computer, I get the error that "the serial number is already in use by the maximum allowed computers. You need to deactivate another computer to use this product."

Can somebody tell me how to do this, when my account says there are no activated devices?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Photoshop Elements forum from Photoshop ecosystem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies, I did not see there was a dedicated forum for Photoshop Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody tell me how to do this, when my account says there are no activated devices?

By @yhoitink

For perpetual type licences like Elements, you can't deactivate yourself computers which are no long available. You need to reach Customer Care: they can do it in a few minutes. Just be clear that you don't want 'support' for an old version, you just want 'deactivation' of old computers.. In your account, you can only deactivate computers for subscription softwares like the Photographer's plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that is very helpful to know.

Any idea how I can reach Customer Care? This forum seems to be the only option available to me. There is no chat, no way to leave a message, and no phone number. I am in the Netherlands, if that is relevant. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that is very helpful to know.

Any idea how I can reach Customer Care? This forum seems to be the only option available to me. There is no chat, no way to leave a message, and no phone number. I am in the Netherlands, if that is relevant. 

By @yhoitink

You should be able to reach Adobe by chat or phone. I have tried to simulate a call from Netherland from my account, but I got a message that there is no option from Netherland at the present time, I get only a unique Adobe Phone number

More contact options
Call us
800-833-6687
Monday–Friday, 24 hours a day

If I set the region to Netherlands (bottom left) and I click on Contact Us or the Help button on the bottom right (small circle around a speech bubble with 3 dots)
ContacUs-NL.jpg

Today I can't get the chat option as an alternative contact mode. That was my preferred solution. You might try to change your region to United States (bottom left) and call in English for international help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. That option on the right does not appear for me, regardless of regional settings. Perhaps because I do not have a subscription. I will try calling the US. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines