• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A low-level exception occured in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:81) & (Importer:39)

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Recently, I've been experiencing A low-level exception occured in: ImporterMPEG (Importer:81) & (Importer:39) bug upon opening my Adobe Premiere Pro project. This bug started occuring a couple weeks ago then it stopped & now its back every single time i open premiere pro. It prevents me from doing any edits then Premiere crashes within seconds. My RAM does go up to max 90% upon opening premiere pro project which I think was normal back then before errors started happening. I am seeking some solutions that can resolve this please.

I've tried a lot of different methods after the problem occured:

• Deleting all Media Cache files
  • Unchecking "Enable accelerated H.264 Decoding" function

• Switching off GPU acceleration (CUDA)
  • Downgrading Adobe Premiere pro by atleast 3 versions.
  • Unistalling adobe premiere pro (Resetting preferences, deleting cahces)
  • Deleted video previews
  • Updated GPU & BIOS to latest updates
  • Updated all crucial windows updates
  • Ran the adobe diagnostic (Recommended me to reset preferences which I did)

My PC specs:

ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090
Operating SystemWindows 10
RAM64 GB
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Hello @teet68487352,

Thanks for the bug report. I'm Kevin from Adobe Support. I'm one of the moderators here.

I hope an Adobe engineer will respond shortly. In the meantime, please check this discussion's solutions to see if one of those solutions might help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/a-low-level-exception-occurred-in-importermpeg-importer-39-and-importer-81/td-p/13257470/page/2#M479923

The team might need more details about your workflow, system, and media. By

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
6 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also forgot to mention that all of my footages are also shot in 4k (Tho i do believe it shouldn't matter because I've always been shooting in 4k before the errors happened).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @teet68487352,

Thanks for the bug report. I'm Kevin from Adobe Support. I'm one of the moderators here.

I hope an Adobe engineer will respond shortly. In the meantime, please check this discussion's solutions to see if one of those solutions might help: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/a-low-level-exception-occurred-in-importermp...

The team might need more details about your workflow, system, and media. By the way, which version of Premiere Pro are you using?

Please also give the team details about your media. The free app Media Info can help with that. Give them a screenshot of the file in "tree view" for the best shot at reproducing your issue.

I like to try checking the same media in a new project. Please also check the system by creating a new project with a few ProRes transcodes of your footage and see if that works.

Finally, uploading or attaching a copy of your project file can accelerate the debugging process.

If you need assistance with this case, please let the community know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Thankyou for your response.

I have transcoded the whole project file & then proceeded to moving the original media location from a hard drive to an SSD. Deleted the files off the HDD and re-located the files in Premiere Pro to the SSD. Half of the files were offline/corrupted (Not sure why because it wasn't like that beforehand) but then I located them all again & it worked again.  As far as I'm concerned, I haven't received any error messages & things seems to be running smoothly again. 

Thankyou.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, errors are still persisting. I will get your requests up later tonight. Thankyou

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

-I am currently using the latest Adobe Premiere Pro version 24.4.1

-Some footages shot on the SonyA7siii 4k, 60fps HLG 3

-Some footages shot on the SonyA7iii 4k, 23.976 fps HLG 3

-I have transcoded the media aswell. 

-Link to my video project https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cHEQ-9lCTyw2MGHAlp8v4h_rKNEmLNXM/view?usp=drive_link

20240604_103932.jpg20240604_103940.jpg20240604_103918.jpg20240604_010426 (1).jpg20240604_135210.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

The problem has been solved. 

Thankyou Kevin-Monahan for providing the pinned solution below. That actually worked for me 😄

Thread can be closed off!

Votes

Translate

Translate