• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam editing now a pain as it is constistently not showing the separate feeds.

Explorer ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to roll back to 23.3.0 build 61.

Multicam feeds not showing most of the time. However, when I click a programmed key for each camera feed it will then kick in but then lose the cameras later.

Working with ProRes 422 1080i files and sequence. No weird plug-ins.

I tried emptying the media cache, resetting premiere pro prefs etc. All the usual stuff doesn't fix it.

3.5Ghz Quad Core i5 2017 Imac

Radeon Pro 575 4GB

Ventura 13.1.1 with 64gb ram installed

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Engaged ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Having the same problem. 23.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

might try a proxy workflow and see if that helps, but if 23.3 works for you I'd stick with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.3 have a more frustrating bug; non stop timeline, so we need to choose what bug we want to work with depending on the version. I prefer this bug, it's also a pain in *, but can deal with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2023 Jun 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how a proxy from 1080i footage would benefit anything? That's a pretty easy resolution for simple multi cam editing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's a fairly simple thing to try and as your project and sequence gets more complex, proxies can become crucial...  If I have the time, I always generate "prores proxy" proxy files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The simple fact is multi cam editing works fine in 23.3. In 23.4 it doesn't. So what's changed? In my opinion proxy's are for 4k editing or greater. Seriously, 1080i prores footage does not require proxy's. Hopefully the next version of premiere will fix this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

updates often put greater demands on your system.   And that's what MAY be going on here.  If everything's working for you fine in 23.3 and you don't need the new features in 23.4, keep working in 23.3.  If you want or need the new features, maybe try a proxy workflow...   just a suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate