• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Duplicate frame markers only showing on one clip in 24.1

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A new bug with 24.1: Duplicate frames markers in the timeline is only showing on one of the two clips with duplicate frames (rather than both). It seems to be showing only the new clip, not the original.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Hi @Editor1961, @Rafael Moses@Westy HJ@BPGII, and @kinoks,

Please check out Premiere Pro Beta 24.4. This issue should be fixed.

Note: Legacy issues relating to multiple imported instances of the same clip and audio only clips, still remain.

Let the community know if the issue is resolved in Premiere Pro Beta. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Hello Community,
I updated the status of the bug report to Investigating since a few people are seeing instances of the bug that was already supposed to be fixed.

I hope the team can resolve this issue as soon as possible. Sorry for the continued frustration.

Thanks.
Kevin

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
67 Comments
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surprised it has only 17 upvotes. Very problematic bug. We are already on 24.2.1 and still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Adobe, please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue in 24.2.1 

If I close the sequence and reload it, it works correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2024 Mar 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too. Really bloody bugging me!
Premiere Version 24.2.1

Mac Pro 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. If I close and reopen sequence, it displays correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2024 Mar 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. 

It makes things quite chaotic because it is inconsistent. 

Sometimes both clips are marked as duplicate and when deleting one, duplicate color mark stays.

Sometimes only one of the clips is marked as duplicate.

I haven't managed to fix by closing/reloading sequence/project. Also just updated to latest version (24.3.0) since here it mentioned they were working on a fix many weeks ago.

Please fix, this function has become part of our workflow and is very important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2024 Apr 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. Working in 24.3.0 on Mac Studio M1 Ultra with productions. If I copy everything out and paste back in the markers will appear again. Happens across multiple projects. Markers also don't leave when the duplicate is removed from the timeline. 

Haven''t read through all the replies but wondering if this is a productions specific issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This. Headache is made worse by no consistant work around possible. Very frustrating and have a new apreciation for how much I relied on it in my work flows now that I don't have it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also using Production.

However it was working just fine a couple of versions ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Typically only the repeated clip (which is to say the second instance of the clip on the timeline) will show the duplicate frame marker indication. This feature is not nearly as useful if both instances of a clip don't show the duplicate frame marker. This has been an issue for many months now. 

As other's have pointed out, if I split the clip the second section after the edit point shows a duplicate frame marker. Makes no sense.

I'm in version 24.3.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been paying more attention to this feature and it seems completely broken right now. Nothing seems to make it work even if I copy everything out and paste back in. Extremely frustrating for me as it was my go-to method for double checking my work.

I would create a liners timeline with a scene and then drop in all the raw clips at the end so I could check the dup frame markers amd make sure nothing important got deleted. I'm trying some janky workarounds and other methods but overall very disappointed that a previously reliable function would fail so completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Editor1961, @Rafael Moses@Westy HJ@BPGII, and @kinoks,

Please check out Premiere Pro Beta 24.4. This issue should be fixed.

Note: Legacy issues relating to multiple imported instances of the same clip and audio only clips, still remain.

Let the community know if the issue is resolved in Premiere Pro Beta. Sorry for the frustration.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Started

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very surprised and frustrated this feature has remained broken for as long as it has. Dupe detection is a critical part of many workflows and there are zero workarounds.

24.3.0, macOS 13.6.4, 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2024 Apr 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, this issue is fixed in the Beta on my end. Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2024 Apr 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Is there any news on how the fix is progressing? This is pretty vital to so many of us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is still persisting, it's absolutely ridiuclous. Really detrimental to workkflow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan I am generally not one to jump on to Beta versions; in fact, I usually wait months after a release to update, but this issue is driving me crazy... After screaming at PP for some of the other nonsensical changes that are present in the Beta and updating all my settings, I dove back into my project after noticing that it did seem to have fixed the issue. [Sad Trombone sfx] Alas, it does not. Better yes but not fully fixed.

Deleted my media cache and render files, not working with duplicate imports.

Source files are MXF, with prores proxies - no difference if I toggle the proxies on/off. iMac Pro 2017 running up to date OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Kyle Kramb,

As an editor, I do the same, slowly updating both versions and OS updates.

To check an issue affecting you now, you can install the Beta side by side with the current version. You can perform a test there, which will not harm your current project. That way, you can see if the fix is coming to an upcoming version.

I hope the advice helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having same issue. Been constant even since the last couple updates. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At some point, I concluded this was fixed, perhaps it was Beta. And I just tested in 24.3.0 and it has fixed the issues I found in my early tests:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/bug-report-duplicate-frame-marker-not-showing-up/id...

For those of you still experiencing a problem, it would help if you identify the version you're using and what particular problem you are seeing.

For example, my first "test" was splitting a single clip and it not showing duplicate frame markers. This is, of course, correct behavior - this is a duplicate FRAME marker, not duplicate CLIP marker function. And previously, and now, if you simply split a clip (repeatedly) it will show no duplicate frames. But if I move the cut section down the timeline and drag the left side out some, that part of the cut clip, and the same frames in the clip to the left, show the duplicate frame marker.

The examples I gave before (duplicate indicator comes and goes depending on view of the timeline) are not present in 24.3. The duplicate frame marker shows on both parts of a duplicates, not just the latter part.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

"Note: Legacy issues relating to multiple imported instances of the same clip and audio only clips, still remain."

Kevin, your post suggests this is a well know issue, and the fix in the Beta suggests Adobe is well aware of it.

However there is no mention of this in the Known Issues documentation.

Stan suggests, "For those of you still experiencing a problem, it would help if you identify the version you're using and what particular problem you are seeing." and yet this effort by paying users to spend time to document and report their problems is often not reciprocated by Adobe.

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its a mess! Updated to 24.3 and its still not working. 

THIS FEATURE IS ESSENTIAL TO AN EDITING SOFTWARE AND HAS TO WORK!

Im losing my mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2024 Apr 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See my post here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/bug-report-duplicate-frame-marker-not-showing-up/id...

I confirmed the bug before, but what I found is fixed in 24.3. What are you seeing?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2024 May 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A workaround that I use for now is to select the entire timeline and paste it. It updates the markers.

Votes

Translate

Translate