• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Glitchy Video in Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2024 Jul 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I upgraded to 24.4 several days ago, I can no longer edit MXF video files. The video in the timeline is glitchy, with pixelated blocks displayed whenever something moves in the scene. The glitches are exported in the final render, so it’s not a temporary or display-only issue. (If I render the MXF to MP4 with HandBreak, there are no glitches in the output, so I think the MXF container is OK.) My camera is unchanged and I’ve used this workflow hundreds of times. I went back to an editing session from before the 24.5 upgrade and all is fine–no glitches. I cleared the cache, rebooted my Mac, checked the sequence settings, but nothing helps.

Bug Investigating
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

[waiting to see the results of Jamie's suggested steps]

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Hi @eegriff - We have received the files and I can confirm the problems you are experiencing.  In the meantime while we investigate further for a solution, a simple workaround is to go to your Settings > Media > and at the bottom there is a checkbox labeled "Enable Hardware Accelerated Decoding" make sure this box is unchecked then close Premiere Pro and relaunch this should clear the glitches.  Thank you for your help investigating and troubleshooting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Hi @maximiliank75930582 - If you go to settings > media > and uncheck the box "enable hardware accelerated decoding", then restart premiere are you still receiving the glitches?

Can you right click on your files and choose media file properties, then take a screenshot and upload. 

Would you be able to send me one of the files?  You can upload to wetransfer, dropbox, etc.. and email a link to jamiec@adobe.com

Does this problem still happen if you try the beta 24.6?

Here is a post where unin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Thanks for trying that. Sorry it didn't work. Can you try a clean installation of the studio driver? Avoid the game-ready driver. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Hi @Shebbe,

Thanks for posting this bug. It might be related to the new driver. Does this datamosh appear when scrubbing? If that is your problem, I have heard that 560.67 is not working. You may want to install a previously working driver.

After, try deleting all media cache first from the Reset Options dialog box or manually, and then go to Software Only mode.

Do you still see this issue? Let the community know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
67 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having some artifacts: Reverse speed playback of MXF footage

AntonK_1984_0-1719446872565.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent the last 36 hours struggling with random glitches on timeline and differently random glitches on exports. Tried all of the available solutions online.  Deleted timeline markers (as was a question by Jamie Clarke, thank you) and tried export on beta version (v24.6 b47) simultaneously, (not very scientific but more in panic) and NO MORE GLITCHES. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 22, 2024 Jul 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error retriving frame. Substituting frame.

Using Sony native MXF (normally I'd convert everything to proress first, ). This seems to be an issue with PP that isn't going away.

PP 24.5

Mac OS X 13.6.7

2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

1TB APFS

Interface laggy, right clicking takes several seconds to open menu on timeline. Maybe related to MXF source footage. Maybe not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have problem with premiere pro, latest version (24.5), not only on my PC.

My video randomly gliches, and also after render with diffrent bitrate, resolution, format it's still glitchy.

Problem occures with others clips, doesn't matter. 
After few minutes, glich will dissappear, but... it will appear in other spot, in total random spot. It's difficul to find it. 

So my setup is:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
32gb Ram
GTX 3060

Fresh windows 11. It was in win 10, but I format my pc yesterday, and install fresh 11.

Latest codec from k-little codec pack, and latest nvidia studio driver (trying also on gaming drivers)

Problem is also in another PC with other specs in my company.

There is a short sample at youtube:
https://youtu.be/jcv4nExpK7o
And screenshot:
https://ibb.co/tMKnFKL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @55878965 - We recently made some updates in the beta version 24.6 when working with MXF files.  Please open the creative cloud desktop app under the beta apps in the side bar and try downloading Premiere Pro 24.6 beta.  Alwasys remember to hold down shift after any installation and check the boxes to clear media chache, reset plugin cache and if you have any third party plugins installed. you can test by disabling third party plugins to troubleshoot.  Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently made some updates in the beta version 24.6 when working with MXF files.  Please open the creative cloud desktop app under the beta apps in the side bar and try downloading Premiere Pro 24.6 beta.  Alwasys remember to hold down shift after any installation and check the boxes to clear media chache, reset plugin cache and if you have any problems you can test by disabling third party plugins to troubleshoot.  Let us know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[waiting to see the results of Jamie's suggested steps]

Status Investigating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me more about "remember to hold down shift after any installation". When exactly do I do that? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eegriff - This is done after you have updated Premiere Pro.  Launch Premiere Pro while holding down the "SHIFT" button on your keyboard.  A dialog box will open with options to select.  Most important ones would be "clear media cache", "Reset plugin loading cache", "Disable third-party plugins"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the Preimer Pro beta, launched with Shift, selected all four radio buttons (clear cache, etc.), loaded a recent MXF clip, and... the video glitch is still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Patryk24519805th8s,

I'm Kevin, one of the moderators here. Welcome to the Adobe Premiere Pro bug reports forum. Thanks for the bug report and the information you gave the team. I hope developers will help you soon.

What you might try in the meantime is to remove any codec packs. How are things working with the codec pack removed? Let the community know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI @eegriff - would you be able to send us one of the files so that we can take a look?  You can send a link to jamiec@adobe.com It would also help if you could do a screen capture so that we can see what you are experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The status of this bug report has been updated.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @eegriff - We have received the files and I can confirm the problems you are experiencing.  In the meantime while we investigate further for a solution, a simple workaround is to go to your Settings > Media > and at the bottom there is a checkbox labeled "Enable Hardware Accelerated Decoding" make sure this box is unchecked then close Premiere Pro and relaunch this should clear the glitches.  Thank you for your help investigating and troubleshooting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jamie. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 23, 2024 Jul 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After remove codecs, nothink change

obraz_2024-07-23_091228867.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2024 Jul 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a production company, running Premiere Pro 24.5 on Windows Machines.

Since the update to Premiere Pro 24 (or so, the Update that brought the New Timeline Design), the Decoder/Encoder for XACV-L (which is our main acquisition format from Sony FX9/FS7, as is for many production companies that use Sony Cameras) seems to be broken. Other people from the industry have reported that it happens to XACV-I Footage from the Sony FX6 Cameras as well.

Viewing the footage natively is not possible. It constantly drops frames and Premiere gets incredibly slow, until it just shows blackscreen instead of the footage. It shows a red message in the corner that it could not retrieve the frame, and after a number of attempts it just gives up.

Trying to export the footage from Premiere just freezes the program; adding to Media Encoder Queue and rendering does work, however, horrible glitches get exported with the footage. I have added a few screenshots on how it looks.

glitch3.jpg

Glitch1.jpg

glitch2.jpg

The only way around it, as for now, is to transcode the sourcefile to some intermediate codec in media encoder first, then replace the XACV footage in the project manually. This takes time and a boatload of storage when you are shooting long clips.

Needless to say, this is a bad issue; we have a hard time trusting our exports and have to watch everything 3 times before it goes out. We tried different hardware configurations, Software only rendering, etc. and since we are not the only ones affected, i would assume this is an issue that came with the update. It is so bad that I started to see these kind of glitches all over TV now. People in the industry here in Austria have reported that they are considering switching to Media Composer again because all of their acquistion happens on Sony cameras whose footage experiences this kind of problem.

I just wanted to draw some attention to this issue and get feedback if other users are experiencing this as well; and if anybody has found a way around it yet. (other than waiting for Adobe to fix the issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS: All other codecs that we tried (including XACV-S from Sony Alpha cameras) works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @maximiliank75930582 - If you go to settings > media > and uncheck the box "enable hardware accelerated decoding", then restart premiere are you still receiving the glitches?

Can you right click on your files and choose media file properties, then take a screenshot and upload. 

Would you be able to send me one of the files?  You can upload to wetransfer, dropbox, etc.. and email a link to jamiec@adobe.com

Does this problem still happen if you try the beta 24.6?

Here is a post where uninstalling the sony catalyst plugin resolves the issue. https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/sony-a7siii-fx3-4k-dci-footage-squashed-scrambled-i...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The status of this bug report has been updated.

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying that. Sorry it didn't work. Can you try a clean installation of the studio driver? Avoid the game-ready driver. Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current beta version handles this codec much better. The timeline playback and timecode readings are now consistent. Occasional glitches still do occur in timeline playback, but None of these glitches show up in the exported file.

Just my little exposure thus far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying with clean installation. Fresh full windows, drivers game ready, and studio. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Patryk24519805th8s,

Can you please confirm if you experienced this issue with Studio driver v560.70? NVIDIA recently released this version with a fix to a similar preview-related issue. Also, if possible, please provide a download link for a sample media with which you experienced this issue. It will help us to diagnose the issue properly.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it was in 560.70 nvidia studio driver, I don't see newest version. 
So there is a link for another clip source: 
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ztdYhF0vU_8KMdYVGzMgz3JUFaYJEQ1k/view?usp=sharing
I don't know how to upload movie here, so that's why it is in my drive. However, the clip is from this same day, same time, same camera. Uploading this, because the previous one was a big file. 

Now I'm working on a diffrent PC, with other specs, and problem still occures.
There is a video what i see:
https://youtu.be/Bpkiwcj3OZM

Votes

Translate

Translate