• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the Type Tool

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2023 Dec 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Premiere Pro 2022 installed on my Mac Mini, and for some reason, whenever I try to use the Type Tool—it doesn’t type in a letter (like J or K); the keys make the playback move left or right. Is there any way to fix this? It’s really disruptive, and I never had a problem with that in the 2018 version.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see are the keyboard shortcuts - L key plays the clip forward, K key is used to pause the clip, and the J key is used to play the clip backward.

After you select the Text tool, are you sure you have clicked in the Program Monitor?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone said that you can switch off Selection Follows Playhead under the Sequence Tab. Still doesn't work.

I tried to reconfigure the Keyboard Shortcuts to default to Timeline. Doesn't work either; the keystrokes still make the cursor playback on the Program Monitor. 

I also would not like to reset the settings using Ctrl + Alt when starting up the program. This just seems like a major glitch to me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to click with the mouse on the Program Monitor first before start to type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you sure that:
(a) A text layer is present and selected (red box around text)
(b) The text caret is inserted (vertical red line (or a red highlight) inside the red box)
(c) The Program Mon (not the timeline) is in focus when you type (blue outline around PgM panel)
?

This screenshot should help:

jstrawn_0-1702665269938.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines