• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Playback All Footage since updating to 2023 app

Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated Adobe Premiere Pro to the 2023 version last week. (As a side note: It asked me to update the app via an in-app pop up, rather than through Creative Cloud, which I had not experienced before. Unfortunately I didn't pay close attention to the language of the pop up so I am not sure if it said anything unusual.) 

As soon as I opened the updated app, neither old projects or new projects show video playback. This is for any kind of footage I've tried and in all playback windows. While I can hear the audio tracks clearly, instead of showing video, it displays a green flickering screen (see attached image).

My plan is to uninstall and try to go back to the 2022 version but if anyone has any idea what has caused this, I'd be grateful for advice. 

Specs: macOS Big Sur, 11.6.7 on a MacBook pro 2014. Processor 2,5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7. Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3. 53 Gb space available in storage. I have never had issues running Premiere on this laptop in the past.

ladyanter_0-1676326317181.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Good day, @ladyanter,

Thanks for the message and information. It's been a while since you filed this bug report. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day, @ladyanter,

Thanks for the message and information. It's been a while since you filed this bug report. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin. I ended up uninstalling the updated version of Premiere and reinstalling the previous one. I haven't had any issues since then but of course I'm running a version of the program that is a year old now, or more. I could try reinstalling the new version to see if this issue happens again - do you have any advice for what to look out for then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @ladyanter,

Thank you for the response. Good to hear from you!

Hi Kevin. I ended up uninstalling the updated version of Premiere and reinstalling the previous one. I haven't had any issues since then...

OK. I'm so glad you are back in action.

I'm running a version of the program that is a year old now, or more. I could try reinstalling the new version to see if this issue happens again - do you have any advice for what to look out for then?

I wouldn't bother reinstalling. You can run both version 23 and 24 separately; side-by-side. Just check your Creative Cloud preferences. That's what I do.

See if you get those green-colored screens again in the current version. That indicates either a GPU problem or that you are using media from a mobile device that needs to be transcoded (because of VFR - variable frame rates). Hopefully, bug fixes in the new version will prevent your green-colored screens from appearing again. The other issue is your GPU. Your computer is getting pretty old, so I would recommend getting a new Mac.

Regarding media: you can try transcoding the media using Media Encoder.

If Media Encoder is not working, I use the freeware Shutter Encoder. It works well for transcoding video acquired from a mobile device, like H.264.

I did notice that the footage was 25fps in the Project panel. Perhaps that is not an issue. Feel free to upload a sample, and I will look at it. You can also download freeware, MediaInfo to inspect the file.

I hope the advice helps. Please return with any questions.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines