Hi everyone, I'll try and explain my issue the best I can! So I'm working on a project with clips from a Sony FX6, FX3, A7Riii and GoPro. Everything was fine, then all of a sudden the FX3 clips started playing fast but the audi remained in real time. The clips were shot at 100fps and my timeline is at 25fps. I tried to interpret the footage and selected 'Assume this frame rate' and set it to 25pfs, which corrected the video clip back to the correct playback but then the audio was slowed down. Any help would be greatyl appreciated! Many thanks.
This shouldn't be happening. Let us know which version of Premiere Pro you're currently using (Here's how to check). Try creating a new project and check if you still see the issue. Please share a screenshot of your Audio Hardware preferences if you still see the problem.
Hi, thanks for you reply. I'm running version 15.4.1 (Build 6) but cannot update it any further due to not being able to update the OS on this machine past Mojave version 10.14.6.
I created a new project and imported the sequence I am working on and this did fix it, but all of a sudden it started doing it again.
Heres my Audio Hardware preferences
The question is did you want the 100fps to be slo-mor or not? As if you are showing all 100 frames, you are slowing it down by 400% I think it is (or is it 25%?), where if you want it to be 'real-time' you are dropping 3 of every 4 frames. Very different results of course.
And "Interpret footage" is expected to be used especially for cadence changes ... where you might need or not a pull-down from say 23.976 to 29.97 or dealing with interlaced issues.
For general speed changes the proper option is Speed/Duration, which is a bit dorky as you need to know the percentage change desired. As I was doing up above.
No I don't want the footage to be slowed down, I want it to play real time. The cameraman that was filming shouldnt have had it set to 100fps but I just have to work with it now. I need to the clips and audio to remain in real time but the clips started playing faster whilst the audio remained real time for no reason. I hadn't changed or adjusted anyhting with the clips.
Ahhh ... so essentially, you need one of every four frames.
Maybe this would work. Unlink the audio from the video. Reset the video to the correct length with Speed/Duration. Relink.
Try Preferences > Audio Hardware and set Input to None.
I tried this but it did'nt change anyhting