• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

120fps in a 30fps sequence issue.

New Here ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, so I'm using a 120 fps clip from a GoPro Hero 5 in a 30fps sequence, my goal being to slow it down to 25% to get a slow motion effect.

Unfortunately, when I do this, my playback acts as if I just slowed down a regular 30fps clip (playing a frame every 4 frames).

I have tried going to Modify > Interpret Footage > Assume Framerate and changed the clip, only to get the same "Once every 4 frames" effect. I know my footage is 120fps, but I'm not sure what else to change, and every video and forum I've seen has said to do this exact same method.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Aug 14, 2019 Aug 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have your newer version of CC..

but maybe if you drag a clip of source into that 'new' icon... where you create a new sequence automatically... ( which in your case should end up being 120 fps 'constant frame rate '... then you can go into sequence settings make the timeline 30 fps... I think I've read here in the forum that you can do that ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the clip is imported into Premiere what does Pr tell you the framerate is (see metadata)

Your 120 fps might been written as 30 fps on the card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you provide screendumps of your timeline?

If you have a red line above the timeline, this indicates that you need to render it out before proper playback. If it's yellow or green, you're system is capable of decoding and properly displaying the footage.

What I'm trying to determine is whether or not this is the result of a playback issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines