• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

13.1.4 jerky stuttering laggy even on an ImacPro

Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2019 Jul 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After this unprofessional, obviously untestet 13.1.3 update, I just installed the 13.1.4 .

I definitely deleted in advance every part of cache and database, and even relocated the cachefolder a.s.o to a different location on my internal SSD.

The created and absolutely new project is

4K30p

with only Samsung H264 clips (all of them on the internal SSD as well (there is nothing faster than this location)...nothing else...

The projectsettings are set to either Mercuryplayback -Metal or OpenCL.

In both cases every playback is jerky and stutters a bit. You have, depending on the complexity and especially horizontal movements , more or less dropped frames  / stronger jerks .

Scrubbing through the timeline feels laggy , not the way it was once in the pre 12.1 days.

before answering about faster ssd's and the non-pro use of H264 material , think first , try the same material on resolve or even superlowcost-software like pinnacle-studio a.s.o , and then realize that the 13.x branch is a total failure and deadend.

Why is there never a pre-beta-test like at resolve , which btw can handle the same clips without any problems.

Why is there this dictatorship of what the customer has to install regardless it is unusable . Right now I can see the option 13.1.3 or 13.0 .....why not 13.1.2 ?

The story about dolby-legal-problems does not work here anymore.

Adobe, throw that 13.x branch and its technology into the garbagecan of history, and start all over from 12.0.1 !! .. before it is too late for you...

My best decission of all times was to quit the contract a year ago (the tests are only made on a company computer who is close to a comparisondecision ).

So I have saved a big bunch of bucks and can work superstable on the new shootingstar's software.

Adobe is no Pro anymore

IMacPro

OSX 10.13.6

PremierePro 13.1.4 (unusable for realtime playout) .. proxyworkflow is ridiculous and on the old avid-mediacomposer level

...pay in advance and then get what we decide .... not the business relation we're accepting anymore

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?