• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

13.1.4 Update causes GPU accelerated OpenCL render and export issues!!

Engaged ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I updated to 13.1.4 I noticed my hover scrub wasn't work on certain clips and then when I exported my video I was missing a lot of clips. They would export as black frames. I have identified this to be when I have "GPU Accelerated OpneCL" selected as my renderer. When I switch back to "Software Only" everything works fine but my workflow is dramatically slowed down because I'm working with RED and Arri 4k and 8k files.  Adobe please provide a solution or a fix asap. This is really hindering my workflow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are working with such large files, I would definitely recommend using the proxy workflow, if you aren't already.

https://www.premieregal.com/blog/2018/7/18/how-to-use-proxies-to-edit-fast-in-adobe-premiere-pro-cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would use either Cineform or Prores for proxies instead of H.264 (shown in the tutorial).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im sorry it has nothing to do with the codec I'm using. My post states the issue im having

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give us your system specs and the kind of footage you are using?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

10 core iMac Pro, 128gig ram, Radeon Pro Vega 64 and running Mac OS 10.14.6

I was on the phone with tech support and there's is definitely something in the software. as an example, the same clips that don't  hover scrub inside the project window, they hover scrub fine inside the media browser. So why would it work in one place of the program and not another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac is actively "deprecating" OpenCL, as they want everyone using Metal on their system with AMD cards and CUDA with Nvidia cards.

Even on PCs, it's probably best to stick with Metal or CUDA these days.

What's your OS and your GPU?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  wrote

Mac is actively "deprecating" OpenCL, as they want everyone using Metal on their system with AMD cards and CUDA with Nvidia cards. Even on PCs, it's probably best to stick with Metal or CUDA these days.

I am on a Mac Pro 2012, 5,1 running Mojave with a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 and PP CC2019. Metal does not work for me. The playback is extremely choppy and scrubbing is pretty much impossible. When I switch to OpenCL playback is back to normal. I used the Adobe cleaner tool and started with a fresh install and it made no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh ... a 680.

That is currently an "ancient" card, of an older architecture that isn't fully supported in Premiere in the 13.x versions.

In fact a seven year old machine is a bit "ancient" by computing standards also. I wish it were otherwise, but as the cameras and software both advance, the needs of the computing gear change also.

My current three-year-old rig is moving down to a lesser-need place in my shop this fall. I've a new camera, generating media past the ability of this rig to work as smoothly as I need. I hate putting out the money, but well ... Puget Systems and Safeharbor computing build rigs especially for The Biz. Tested and even pre-loaded with the apps you use should you wish. I'll have a great rig to work on.

And our oldest computer goes ... buh-bye. Cycling through them as our needs change.

Cost of doing business.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 680 while "ancient" is one of the Nvidia cards that is supposed to still be supported by Mac in Mojave. As I mentioned, Metal doesn't work, OpenCL does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But it's not supported any longer by Premiere, I don't think. That's a "Kepler" generation card. I believe the Maxwell and newer cards (starting with the 900 series) are needed, with drivers above number 400.

Absolute minimum of vRAM to be recognized is at 2GB, but working with under 4GB on the card is tough.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has nothing to do with the size of the file. Im an experienced editor and I have been editing RED files fore years. This only happened after the last update. As I mentioned in my post I confirmed this when switching from OpenCL to Software Only and back. This is happening on both my machines running same version of PPCC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Intel GPU installed? Update the driver, then disable it in BIOS, then update your Nvidia driver again: Problems with Premiere Pro CC 2018 with OpenCL Hardware acceleration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Nvida cards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're running Mac, you should lead with that.

Are you able to hover scrub non-Arri and Red files? What codecs are you working with exactly? RAW?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines