• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14.1 still hasn't fixed extreme timeline playback issue with RED (r3d) files. (Metal) (MacOS)

Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2020 Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update 14.1 still doesn't address the extreme timeline choppy playback of RED footage with "metal" selected as the playback engine. Just to reiterate for issue history,

This only stared happening with PPCC 2020 (14.0). Footage plays perfectly in source monitor but as soon as you drop it in the timeline (program Monitor) the footage is unplayable. Footage has an extreme choppiness, no ,matter the playback resolution it is set too. This dose not happen at all in PPCC2019 (13.1.5). I have opened the exact same footage, project settings in PP v13.1.5 and the footage plays perfectly with no issues. Same issue is happening on two separate machines.

If I switch my playback engine to "OpenCL" Footage plays better, not perfect but way better. But with "metal" selected RED footage is unusable.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really bad news. 

Can anyone report back on h.264 playback in source monitor ? Still terrible? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really pathetic after all this time.  Try playing back the footage in Resolve 16... I'll bet it plays perfectly.

I had lots of playback issues with Premiere, then I rolled back to 14.0 and its fine. I'm almost afraid to try 14.1.

How is everyone's experience with 14.1 ????  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this playback issue has been widely reported. I work with a lot of RED footage so this is frustrating for me as well. I had to install PPCC 2019 on my computer as well just so I  can edit my projects. As I mentioned 14.1 still has not fixed the RED (r3D) file playback issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most of my friends are on Macs, but my one friend who has a PC, upgraded to 14.1 and now Premiere no longer uses his graphics card. I don't know what graphics card he has but this guys got money so I'm sure it's a good one. With every iteration Premier gets worse and worse. Pretty soon it won't work at all. I'm telling you people… Start learning Resolve. It may save you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines