• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

14.2 still hasn't fixed extreme choppy timeline playback issue with RED (r3d) files. (Metal) (MacOS)

Engaged ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest update 14.2 still doesn't address the extreme timeline choppy playback of RED footage with "metal" selected as the playback engine. Just to reiterate for documentation purposes, This only stared happening with PPCC 2020 (14.0). Footage plays perfectly in source monitor but as soon as you drop it in the timeline (program Monitor) the footage is unplayable. Footage has an extreme choppiness, no ,matter the playback resolution it is set too. This dose not happen at all in PPCC2019 (13.1.5). I have opened the exact same footage, project settings in PP v13.1.5 and the footage plays perfectly with no issues. Same issue is happening on two separate machines.

If I switch my playback engine to "OpenCL" Footage plays better, not perfect but way better. But with "metal" selected RED footage is unusable.

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure whats going on here exactly but go to the Master clip settings and change the Debayer detail to low/medium under RED source settings/Decoding. This should give you playback like the source side.

It looks to me like the debayer is using different settings between the source and program monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mike I've tried that and it still doesn't solve issue. doing so would only remedy the issue briefly, but as soon as I drop another clip in timeline, its back to the same issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are your system specs and R3D format?

Does timeline match media ie. created by dragging clip to New Item icon in project panel. DO you have 'High Quality playback' unchecked under the program side wrench?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mike_Dziennik I've been working with the adobe beta team to help resolve this issue. Here a video I made showing what i'm experiencing. Note this is only happening with 8K files. 4,5 & 6K files paly with. no issues.

[video]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2020 May 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow! Excellent job on that sleuthing. I hope they can get you a fix soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines