• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

180 VR

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking this would not be so difficult doing 180 VR with the Samsumg 360 camera. Imported into Premiere Pro and just doing a small text export. Then copied to my phone to test in a player. But the video does not load in the player on iphone. Other VR videos load on my phone.

Do I need a seperate program to inject the metadata after I edit in Premiere or does Adobe premiere inject the metadata?

Also Is there a program to easily test my VR videos once exported by premiere?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kevin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be pretty easy.

Is the video that you're editing dual 180 (two spheres side by side) or equirectangular (the two spheres flattened out into a rectangle)?

A tricky thing about VR 360 cameras is that they each have different method of how you get from dual 180 to equirectangular.  Some do it in camera, some do it when you view the movie, some do it through a utility application.  I think the Samsung Gear 360 has a desktop application that you need to download.

If the video is dual 180, you can still edit it; however, that's not ideal.

It should be equirectangular so that you can just verify that the VR Video check box is enabled in the Sequence settings and in the Export Settings and get on with your 360 video editing.  My screen shot is of the Export Settings.  With that setting enabled when you export, there's no need to "inject" the video later (it will already be flagged as VR video).

PR VR Video Video is VR.png

Here's a great video (if you haven't seen it already) by Jason Lavine that will probably answer a lot of questions that you might be having:

How to Edit 360/VR Video in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (Monoscopic & Stereoscopic) - YouTube

You mentioned adding text to the 360 video.  I highly recommend New! SkyBox 360/VR Tools for Premiere Pro | Mettle.  You'll really want to the Project 2D for adding text, logos and other graphics to 360 video.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there, I am using gear 360 camera. But, I am only using one side to record 180 degrees only. So just the one side. I don’t want to record and have videos showing 360. Just 180.

In Adobe premiere I don’t see any setting for just 180 degree videos.

Also do I need to inject any metadata into my videos after I export or does Premiere Pro handle this.

Thanks

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2017 Jun 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin:

There is no VR settings for 180 degree video as it requires 360 degrees; however, as long as you're converting your custom, non-dual 180 video as if it's dual 180 to equirectangular, everything will still work.  I'd go with covering one of the two 180 degree cameras while you're shooting as that eliminates any need to do anything later.  Of course, it eliminates the option of ever showing what was there as it was never recorded.  You could try matting the unwanted 180 degree sphere prior to converting to equirectangular after shooting.  That should work, I've just never tried it.  You could also use the Mettle VR Tool for Premiere Pro to superimpose any graphic you want over the camera that you don't want to show.

So, no, you will not see any setting in PR for just 180 degree videos.

No, you do not need to inject any metadata provided that you enable the VR Video setting when exporting.  Please see the screen shot in the prior post.

If you're posting your videos to YouTube, Vimeo or other social media, come back and post a link.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Warren, thank you so much for the info.

One last question. How to you accomplish this?

"as long as you're converting your custom, non-dual 180 video as if it's dual 180 to equirectangular, everything will still work"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so here is a test video i shot today. this is shot with the samsung gear 360 with just the front lense only.

SAM 0143 - YouTube

I does not look like a fisheye video. Looks already flattened. But its straight out of the camera with NO conversion at all.

Do i still need to convert to equirectangular, if so how can i do this?

Thank you, Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sam:

What you posted is fish eye.  It's great that you posted it because we can clarify that one, that is fish eye and two, it's not what you're going to need to edit custom 180 VR videos in Premiere Pro.

I'm guessing you shot this by setting the Gear 360 to only record one side.  That's not what I was suggesting.  You'd want to record the full 360, but cover one of the two lenses so that you're just recording whatever you used to cover that lens.  (It's important to note, I'd opt for covering one of the two 180 spheres after you've shot the footage.)

I've attached three frame grabs that are stacked in one JPEG file to this post:

1. Top image: What dual 180 spheres look like.  If your footage looked like this, you could just matte the left or right side.
  2. Middle image: What equirectangular looks like.  This is what's needed for Premiere Pro.
  3. Bottom image:  A frame of your Sam 0143 footage superimposed over my footage.  While just an approximation, it represents what's not there pretty well.

sam0143_stack.jpg

Hope this helps.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, meant to say "Hi Kevin", not Sam in the prior post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there Warren, yes I did understand what you were suggesting about shooting 360 and blocking one side.

What I was asking was I do have many videos now shot like the link I posted. Where i shot with just one lense with the gear 360 camera.

What I need to know is how can I convert this already shot footage with the one lense into an equirectangular? I dont want to lose this already shot footage. So if there is a way for me to convert this footage I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you again.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anything that you've shot already is just fish eye.

As far as how to convert (or "stitchi") your Gear 360 video into equirectangular, you'd use the Gear 360 Action Director software.  This article goes over it: Importing your 360° video from a Samsung Gear 360 | CyberLink Learning Center

You could try to force your current footage to a partial single sphere (like I did in my sample image), but I'm not sure you'll be able to get Action Director to stitch that.

-Warren

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh I thought there was some other program other then Action Director. I was playing around with that the other day with this single lense footage I already have, but it does not seem like there is a way to stitch this single lense footage to equirectangular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you achieve converting single lense 180 degree fisheye video shot with Samsung gear camera into equirectangular using Adobe After effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An unfortunate result of this thread is that it can fail to leave the impression that Adobe is 100% silent (not just here at these forums, but everywhere) on this major development in VR.  Supporting VR180 would require very little coding.  Adobe is cynical to not spend the resources on that, if they're waiting for some massive market penetration of the tech before moving an inch into this inevitable feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines