Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2023 Version - Footage showing up as green

Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

A few days ago I updated my Premiere Pro to 2023 and all of a sudden all my footage files appears as just green. After a brief search, I read that it might be caused because of my computer is not updated, then I proceed and did tbat. However the problem still continues.

I use a MacBook Pro (Late 2013) and the latest I can update my macbook is macOS Big Sur version 11.7.1 - It doesn't allow me to update to macOS Ventura for instance. (I cannot afford a newer pc nowadays so I'm stuck with this one) 

I checked if the video files are broken or something like that but Premiere Rush 2.0 seems to read them with no problem, I can transfer them to my iPhone and they work on it too, so files are fine.

I'm not comfortable using Rush because I'm so used to work on Premiere Pro. 

I even uninstall and re-install the program but I don't know how can I solve this problem. 

Screen Shot 2022-10-30 at 20.51.39.png

Is there any solution to this? 

TOPICS
Crash , Editing , Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2022 Oct 30, 2022

Hi heyholou!

Sorry about the trouble. Which device is used to capture footage? Could you try switching to "Software Only"? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-change-the-video-renderer-in-premiere-pro-and-adobe-media-encoder/td-p/9851383#:~:text=In%20Premiere%20Pro%2C%20choose%20File,opens%20the%20Project%20Settings%20window.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Green usually means a gpu issue.

What is the origin of these files?

Do they look normal in 2022?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they were working fine in 2022 version, they were shot on my Sony RX100 mark IV. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi heyholou!

Sorry about the trouble. Which device is used to capture footage? Could you try switching to "Software Only"? https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-how-to-change-the-video-renderer-in-prem....

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Kartika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked, thank you so much

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still means you have an issue with your gpu.

I would, if I were you, revert to 2022 and be able to use your GPU. Because it will be a big pain editing without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same exact computer; I think something else is wrong because im experiencing the same issue. I think Adobe is just processing it differently and not allow this GPU do its job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Daniel,

Sorry. As far as I know, the late 2013 MacBook Pro has an NVIDIA GPU, and Apple no longer supports it in their OS. Macs are using ARM now. Previous gen Intel had been using AMD GPUs. So, the problem is a question of system requirements. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So what do you suggest doing ? I am having the same problem just updated my computer and have the latest version of Adobe. I have a 2013 older pro though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Switch to software only instead of hardware

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same problem with all footage green, switched to software only (instead of GPU acceleration or something like that) and could edit the material just fine. When I try to export it through media encoder  (or directly) the footage is green again. If I have to switch back to the older version of premier pro, how can I do that?

thanks for advice,

AA

greetings,A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem with all footage green, switched to software only (instead of GPU acceleration or something like that) and could edit the material just fine. But: when I try to export through media encoder  (or directly) the footage is green again. If I have to switch back to the older version of premier pro, how can I do that?

thanks for advice,

AA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, just when you export also make sure software only is being used. You can still do it without having to go to a lower version of premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allright, I'll try that, but where do I choose software only in media encoder? Or is it in the export settings of premier?

thanks again...

AA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should be in export settings 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found it, and it works! thank you,

AA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines