• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

25fps footage needs to be 29 on export

Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a commercial and my camera's footage is 25fps.  I edited on the time line and have a nice finished product.  The place that I have to upload to only takes video at "24fps, 29.97fps, or 59,94fps".   I tried to export using 29.97 and there are glitches in the outcome. I am not an expert on this exporting stuff...but any help is appreciated.

My Footage:

Type: MPEG Movie

File Size: 71.0 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 25.00

Source Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 16 bit - Stereo

Project Audio Format: 48000 Hz - 32 bit floating point - Stereo

Total Duration: 00:00:34:09

Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Cable company Asking for:

Type: MPEG-2

Video Bit rate-  50 MB

Image Size: 1920 x 1080

Frame Rate: 24/29.97/59.94fps

Audio Format: 48kHz - 16 bit - Stereo

Aspect Ratio: 16:9

Thanks,

Brent

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export to a 25 fps Cineform file, then bring that back into PP and Interpret it to run at 24 fps, then export again to MPEG-2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I do not see that choice when I select  Export -> Media .   Is it called something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cineform is an option under QuickTime.

You can try Optical Flow, but it's not perfect.  And even Hollywood speeds things up for PAL playback, so for you to slow things down to 24 might be the better way.

Test both, see which you prefer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no "Cineform" option under Quicktime... so I googled and researched and apparently "AVID DNxHD" is the same thing??  So I downloaded and added it, and used that to export.  I reimported to timeline... now what do I do with it??

(btw... the AVID export I made looks a bit choppy and slow when viewing in QT, but looks normal on timeline in PP).

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

now what do I do with it??

As I said earlier, "Interpret it to run at 24 fps, then export again to MPEG-2."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is probably the right answer. i also am adding that premiere now supports native optical frame conversion so that you don't have to speed up video or audio.

Optical Flow Time Remapping – Tips & Tricks for Best Results | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2016 Dec 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try re cutting it in an appropriate Sequence.  24 would be easiest.

You can probably cut and paste your original cut straight into a 24 fps sequence and then tweak it. YOu may haveto deal with audio , efx , transitions and graphics separately but that should be easy..

Another alt option....export your 25 fps sequence footage  out to sequential tiffs and import those for an edit.  This eliminates fps rates and standards  from the equation.

"24fps, 29.97fps, or 59,94fps".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines