• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4.2 update coming...

Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey kids - just read this and thought I'd pass it along...good news indeed.

http://provideocoalition.com/index.php/adobe/story/matrox_and_other_3rd_party_i_o_vendors_with_cs4/

AVC-I native support...it's finally here. And after I just bought an EX3....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Sep 25, 2009 Sep 25, 2009

Shucks, I don't get to break the news on anything anymore...

Premiere Pro 4.2 does in fact add AVC-I and offers some additional fixes too.  Should be out soon.

Regards,

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 212 Replies 212
Oct 09, 2009 Oct 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave,

I do not know.  We will certainly continue to build and expand on RED camera support as it's very important to us and we clearly have the best overall RED workflow right now.

I did take a quick look at the RED build and didn't see anything interesting with the exception of 4.5k.  Also, I saw that Apple is supporting build 20 not 21.

If I find out anything additional for 4.2, I will let you know.

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dennis,

Build 20/21 have major important upgrades to the RED camera....it's not just the 4.5K resolution but MAINLY THE NEW "COLOR SCIENCE" that RED has implemented in build 20 that results in better picture quality, better color reproduction in REC 709 and less noise under tungsten....not to mention the new REDCODE 42.....all of those features and benefits are currently not accessible in the adobe workflow but are available in FCP...our studio switched to CS4 because it has such a great RED workflow...but now we are  forced back to FCP because we need those new improvements....

I really hope Adobe will at least support the new features that were introduced in Build 20 sooner than later....Please stay ahead of FCP.....like you did with your previous RED plugin! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 13, 2009 Oct 13, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't this be up to the folks at RED who produce the Premiere plug-in?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2009 Oct 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Red provides the REDCODE plugin. Adobe writes the actual premiere/AE plugin to support the new REDCODE using the SDK provided by RED.

I'm also hoping they will support the new RED Rocket card....and that is supported by FCP already....  😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oy vey, doesn't it get a little overwhelming sometimes trying to keep up with all of this?

You just get to finish eating the first leg of the CS4 elephant and the format you work in, and before you turn around twice you've got CS5 and 7 new camera formats to figure out.

So the question is, would we have it any other way? Nahhhh!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe writes the actual premiere/AE plugin

Your source?  I'm not aware that Adobe wrote any third-party plug-ins.  Usually outside companies get the Premiere SDK and write their own plug-ins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe "plugin" is the wrong term..... Adobe implemented ther fulll red workflow in release in 4.1...this was an Adobe code based on the RED SDK.....(just like Adobe eventually supported native P2 MXF support in cs3.1, and then AVCHD etc......those were all made available from Adobe updates and not thrid parties..).....it's now in Adobe's hands again to release support for the new features...RED is providing the REDCODE and the SDK...  Adobe did a fine job in 4.1 and actually beat Apple to the punch with it and made a lot of people buy/switch to cs4 because its RED workflow was way better on the CS suite.... And I really like what Adobe has done with the RED workflow....unfortunately we're back to FCP just so we can take advantage f the new features. Most of us are not asking Adobe to rewrite the way the workflow is set up but mainly to incorporate the new changes in the SDK so it can take advantage of the new debayering algorithm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah.  That makes more sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you start reading about SDK's and the like.

this was an Adobe code based on the RED SDK

Who do you think supplies a Software Development Kit, SDK, the original developer of the software, or a third party? That Red supplies the RedCode is normal.

You think Microsoft develops a plug-in for all Office applications, based on a SDK supplied by 'Crazy Bear' ? Get real.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you misunderstood, Harm.  RED released an SDK so that various software companies could incorporate support for RED footage into their NLEs.  Adobe used that SDK to add internal support for the footage.  RED then took the Premiere SDK and created the needed plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you Jim for clarifying what I am trying to say.  🙂

I am really not attacking Adobe by all means here. I even said I love their workflow...I am just hoping for an updated support of the new features. (an yes I have already filled a feature request form). I do understand that there are tons of new formats and cameras that pop out every few months.....but that is the nature of this industry...and if Adobe intends to become the leader and take over FCP (which I honestly hope they do as I can't stand FCP anymore after using CS4...) then they need to keep staying ahead of them or at least in par with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I completely misunderstood.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While you are at it, Harm, apologise for welcoming posters who post in German and shooting down posters who dare to post in Spanish.

Talking about double standards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People who take the trouble to express themselves in English, even though they do not master it, are trying to get their question answered. People who do not go to that trouble, do not deserve my trouble to translate their urgent, life threatening problem because of their lack of effort. Simple.

I have seen some post in other languages than English and where I could (I only know a few langauges, around 7 or 8) I have told them that the common language on this forum is English.

What is wrong when someone posts a question in his native language, without taking the trouble to do that in English, that I respond in my native language, forfeiting the trouble to post in the common language here? If he has a problem understanding my language, it should dawn on him that his message may be received likewise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Point taken.

As a side note, you wrote :

"I only know a few langauges, around 7 or 8"

Wow, my hat's off to you. Is French one of them, though?

That's my first language and I was wondering if I would get a tongue-lashing if I was bold enough to ask for help in French.

Just kidding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

En effet, le français est une de ces langues, mais je dois admettre que ma grammaire n'est pas le meilleur.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol...alors ça c'est marrant!!!! 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Demain je vais en France, séjournant à Bourg en Bresse puis sur le Gard. Puis-je retirer mon français à nouveau.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fermez la bouche, tout le monde.

Back on topic, please.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Fermez la bouche, tout le monde."

Jeff, you didn't mean to be that rude, did you?

"Back on topic, please."

Yes, Sir!

Now, where's that longed-for 4.2 update?

Any news on that awfully quiet front?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even if the 4.2 update were ready for release (and I don't know if it is or not), nothing would happen this week since this is the week of the Adobe North America shut down.

Rude?  Moi?

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for enlightening me, Jeff, that's awfully nice of you (tongue in cheek).

Would you care to elaborate on "the week of the Adobe North America shut down"?

This is something I wasn't aware of. Oh well, let's hope and pray the update is released early next week.

And you Jeff, being the nice guy that you are, will be only too pleased to notify us mere Premiere Pro users.

PS : Rude?  Moi?

Non Jeff, tu es la politesse faite homme.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since this is the week of the Adobe North America shut down.

Are you sure it is only a week?

Etes-vous sûr qu'il s'agit d'une semaine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it is only a week?

Che parte di "a week" non avete capito?
A little local flavor from my neck of the woods...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Puis-je retirer mon français à nouveau."

Mais certainement, mon cher Harm.

Please, revert to type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines