• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

4K Footage on Timeline becomes 1080p? How can I keep the native resolution in my video?

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having trouble with all of the footage used for my video. I have been working with footage at 4096x2160 (Red Scarlet and Red Epic) and 3840x2160 (Arri Amira) and whenever I put it on the timeline it comes out at 1920x1080. Sequence settings and video preview files are at 3840x2160. I want to use the videos with their respective resolutions and I have no clue what's happening. I have included some photos that may or may not help. Thanks!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Formats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this preference do anything for you. 

MyerPj_0-1605401855162.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, it does not work. I did just notice that when starting a new sequence with my desired sequence and video preview resolution and dragging a clip it asks me this: clip mismatch.png

Clicking both options would still downscale it to 1920x1080 and 19280x1028 (weird)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW: I didn't see your screenshots...

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry bout that! Here are the original photos. 

File Properties.pngSequence Settings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you close your sequence and then drop the file onto the empty timeline window it will create a sequence with the file settings. (Or just drag a clip to the new item icon on the lower Project window to create a new sequence with the specs of the clip)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just did all that. Created a new project. Put it in the empty timeline window. Sequence automatically changes the video preview resolution to 1920 x1080. Even changing it back to the desired resolution does nothing to the video file at all. Not working.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this issue as well and found when I right clicked my clip on the sequence, "scale to frame size" was checked. Unchecking it was my solve. Not sure if it's a default or what. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, _mike_and_friends for actually answering the question. I had this problem and thought they'd switched from shooting in 4K to 1080p between shoot days. I only have this problem when I get the project from a particular editor so I will have to find out how he is setting up his project. It never happens when I do a project myself. I couldn't find a setting in preferences that would have this on by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines