• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

60fps footage, slow to 70% on 24fps timeline = stutter

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've shot footage at 60fps, 4k at 10bit 4:2:2. To get slow motion, I understand it would be best to set the frame rate to 30fps and do 50% slow motion, that way it should be quite smooth. I was aiming to run this at 24fps for a film like feel.

Now, ideally, the motion I'm after is the effect I get at about 70% speed. There should be enough frames from the 60fps footage to ensure smooth motion still, but it's hard to achieve and my footage end up with a lot of stutter.

What's the best way to approach this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not clear what you are doing. What frame rate are you interpreting the 60fps source to?

What is the frame rate of the timeline you are editing on? 24fps?

If you are interpreting 60fps to 24fps, then the clip will run at 40% speed of real time.

Are you then speeding it up to run at 70% on the timeline?

Try not doing the interpretation, just place the clip on the timeline and adjust the speed to where you want it, then render with Optical Flow checked on.

MtD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your best results will be to Interpret the footage to run at the sequence frame rate.  Don't apply any other time effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines