Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steps to Reproduce Bug:

1. Bring in footage and sidecar captions files, both .SCC and MCC

2. Create sequence with footage and add captions

3. 608 captions display correctly, 708 captions do not display correctly

Results:

708 captions do not position correctly. They appear at the top instead of the bottom and they never move.

Expected Results:

708 captions should behave just like 608 captions. 608 captions appear at the bottom and move to the top to get out of the way for lower thirds and graphics. 708 should behave the same way.

We have a vendor that captions our videos and delivers us sidecar files which we marry to picture for broadcast. We can reposition them but the time required is not feasible. Plus I'm not sure they remain repositioned when saving and reopening.

When we upgraded to 2017.1, it broke 708 captions. I just checked with CC 2018 and it's still broken. Our solution is to use 2017.0.1 on a single computer just for captions. We are not the only users experiencing the problem and FCC rules require our compliance. Please fix this issue! Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in here as well.  We WERE bouncing between 2017.0.2 and 2017.1.2 specifically because of the captioning problems that version introduced.

Yesterday Adobe in their infinite wisdom decided to remove the ability to roll back to specific point releases.  Genius!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue for this issue that will work using 2018? Can't believe it is not fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MStanglin  wrote

Does anyone have a workaround for this issue for this issue that will work using 2018? Can't believe it is not fixed yet.

I can.  Captions have been a failure in one fashion or another since 11.1.2.  They're not listening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Files created or converted with MacCaptions are working. The conversion needs to import 608 from an existing file. This is an expensive application. Don't know if there are free convertors that work.

It is a mess to say the least.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a theory that some mcc files are at fault. We are seeing this issue with mcc files provided to us by programmers. But if I take the 608 into MacCaption and export a new mcc file. (they are the makers of the mcc format) the file comes into Premiere 12.0.1 (not 12.0) correctly.

I'm seeing the top positioning issue and found that the text that is cut off is the top line of a two line captions. As in:

Line On

Line Two

will display as

Line Two.

If anyone wants me to run a test for them I'm will to give me email and you can send me your mcc file and I will send you one back.

webstuff (at) michaelangelodv (dot) com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines