• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A7S3 glitching in 15.4 Premiere Pro on M1 MacBook Air 16gb

Explorer ,
Jul 24, 2021 Jul 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd updated to 15.4 Premiere, which now has native support for M1 Macs, on my M1 Macbook Air 16gb, but now there's imaging glitching randomly in almost every A7S3 XAVC-S 4K footage when viewing on monitor and even after exporting them! This happen a lot in Beta version before.

If I swtich back to 15.2 Premiere without native M1 support, the glitching is gone. Or as I swtich to other source files like A7C footages, the glitching is gone as well. I think this only happen ti A7S3 footage. 

Does anyone have same issue? Maybe this will be resolved in future update?

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Hi @defaultxyjvoixrrgs0 @outkasta @alexandreh47044936 @Silkr0ad @Leonie5CC2 defaultxw549fsl2ywx

Sorry again for this issue. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. We expect the issue to get fix in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Hi @alexandreh47044936 

Thanks for the confirmation. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. The issue has been fixed in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

It is not available yet in regular builds, though on track to be available there also. You can continue working with Beta builds for now. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @alexandreh47044936 

Thanks for the confirmation. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. The issue has been fixed in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

It is not available yet in regular builds, though on track to be available there also. You can continue working with Beta builds for now. 

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @defaultxyjvoixrrgs0 @outkasta @alexandreh47044936 @Silkr0ad @Leonie5CC2 defaultxw549fsl2ywx

Sorry again for this issue. We have enabled Hardware Acceleration decode of HEVC/H264 4:2:2 10 bit on Mac ARM systems in the latest Premiere Pro Beta builds. We expect the issue to get fix in the latest beta build(starting from build 58). 

Please download the latest Premiere Pro Beta build from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)

You can have a look at the announcement here: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-hardware-acceleration-decode-for-4-2-2-10-b...

Please let us know how it goes for you. Rest assured that we are actively monitoring this issue.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome, thanks. Almost about to go to Final Cut Pro, which I don't really like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the exact same issue. One adobe agent told me to use Beta so he transferred my whole project to Beta. Then I was having issues with Beta and would force quit on me every time I opened it. Then a different agent said I shouldn't be using Beta at all because it's a testing application. I had to back track and re-edit so much of project because it wouldn't let me open the now Beta project in premiere. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waiting for the fix to A7S3/FX3 glitching in preview and export issue. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having the same issue on my M1 Macbook, but not on my Intel iMac Pro or Intel PC. One thing that seemed to work on my M1 Macbook was using the M1 version of Premiere for editing, but then switch to the Intel (Rosetta) version for exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! How do you swtich to the Intel (Rosetta) version while keeping it in 15.4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud app, go to the All Apps page. Navigate to Premiere Pro, and click the More Actions button (the 3 dots), and select "Open (Intel)" to open the Intel version of Premiere on your M1 Mac.

As far as I know, you will need to do this every time, as opening Premiere using normal methods just opens the M1 version. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi outkasta,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We're currently investigating this issue & will try our best to get this addressed as soon as possible. If you are using Apple Silicon (M1 system), you may try running the app in Rosetta mode.

Thanks,
Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When editing in 15.4 using a M1 Mac, on the footage and when you export there are see through thick lines that will appear. I have had to drop down to 15.2 to fix this issue. Please come out with a fix for this. Whats the point of having a program that "optimized" for M1 and you cant even use the corret version with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with A7S footage by any chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is A7S III, I just saw the other thread with this is issue. I would hope Adobe fixes this soon but with it also in the beta I dont have much confedence at this point. And transcoding the footage is not really a option either. So come on Adobe please fix this bug. What the point of having the M1 and I cant even use it to its fullest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the proper fix is to launch the INTEL version of Media Encoder, then use that transcode the clips to ProRes for now. AFAIK they are working on a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but that is not a proper fix. That is a lame work around that should've been fixed months ago when they released the beta. I've known about this issue for over 8 months and all we get is that they know about the issue and are working on it. And official response from Adobe is transcode your media in Handbrake. Are you kidding me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an Adobe employee so all I can do is report on what I see on the boards. Not sure why they said to use Handbrake, that's not a great solution either. Here's a recent post from an Adobe enginner in a Facebook group, hope it helps unitil they issue a fix:

"The problem you’re seeing seems to be specific to:

• Macs with the M1 chip
• 10 bit XAVC S video from the a7S

• The current versions of Premiere Pro and Adobe Media Encoder (AME).
We're aware of this problem and we're working to fix it. Before we do, here are a few different temporary workarounds to the problem:
• Transcode the XAVC S files into another format (e.g., ProRes 422) using Adobe Media Encoder running in Rosetta mode (Click on the AME app; File > Get info > Open using Rosetta.)
• Edit the XAVC S files using the latest beta of Premiere Pro.
• For new recordings, use the XAVC S-I recording option on the a7S III instead of XAVC S. (I have not tested the XAVC HS option on the a7S III.)
• Run the current (not beta) version of Premiere Pro in Rosetta mode.
I’m listing in these in what I think “least painful to most painful” but you might have a different take.
The released versions of Premiere Pro and AME use the same underlying rendering engine. Forcing AME to run in Rosetta mode will stop the problem from happening and you can then use it transcode the XAVC S files into another format. The beta of Premiere Pro and the beta of AME have different versions of the rendering engine so you won’t see the issue in the beta of Premiere Pro but you will in AME which is why using the released version of AME in Rosetta mode is a better option. .
I know how annoying this issue is and we’ll definitely provide an update here when we have more info about a permanent fix."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was dealing with the same frustrating issue. After weeks of trouble shooting with different adobe agents who did all sorts of things on my computer, I figured out through adobe forum that downgrading to 4 less versions of premiere pro made everything run fine. However, I'm wondering if it's better for my career to move to PC because adobe isn't working well with the m1 chip?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @lrv59242 ,

This fix is now available in the regular builds. Please download the latest Premiere Pro version 22 from the creative cloud app. Let us know how it goes for you.

You can have a look at this announcement https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-max-2021-and-adobe-premiere-pro-v-22/t...

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MATT5FD8 , @John V Knowles ,

You can have a look at the announcement here: 
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta/discuss-hardware-acceleration-decode-for-4-2-2-10-b...

Please let us know how it goes for you. Rest assured that we are actively monitoring this issue.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mayjain thanks for the update on the latest beta build, im going to try it out today and see how it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that latest beta build seems to fix the Sony A7S3 footage. Cant wait for newest update of PP to drop soon hopfully 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with footage shot in 4k on a DJI drone and converting into 1080i for broadcast.
Funny note: project exported on a M1: glitching problems (frames jumping back and forward)

project exported on an MBP i7: no problems

I guess, both using software encoding.

Not sure, why Adobe suggests a transcoding in handbrake (a freeware tool might be better than the most common NLE software?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It s resolved with the new beta version (but i can not use my old template with this new version) so the only solution is to open premiere by cliquing "..." then OPEN with INTEL version. and it works fine... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GREAT GREAT GREAT!

Had the same problem with templates and all the settings in the beta version plus: I didn't want to use a beta just because of ONE essential bug. "using Rosetta" tick helped me!
Hi Adobe, can you please just repair this bug in an update and not refere to a beta version for TV production?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @derclaudio @alexandreh47044936 ,

Thanks for the confirmation that it's fixed in beta.

It's on track to be available in regular builds too. We will update you when it happens. 

Thanks,

Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep!! Almost every m1 user is having the same issue.  If you revert back to version 15.0 or 15.2, it will fix the issue for now.  

I'm just going around telling everyone this, since Adobe will not address the fact that they broke the entire playback/exporting process for M1 Macs (no the beta didn't fix it, and even if it did, then just RELEASE THE UPDATE).  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines