Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Add Track Markers

Explorer ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a 4 min movie - I want to add markers at 2 & 3 mins. So once plugged into my Sony Bravia TV I can skip to those points. Any idea how I could get this to work?

Version 13.1.5

Thanks

Sam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere builds out movies only that don't have chapter markers that you can shortcut to in the final movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh Ok, do you know of any software that would add chapter markers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a DVD player any DVD software can do this for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Rob. Those disc (BD etc.) programs allow for chapters and a menu that lets you use your remote control to jump to various chapers. In your case (probaby usb to a TV ? ) I would make the chapters different exports, numbered sequentially so they are next to each other on your usb folder listing. Then just go to next 'movie' ( chapter ). Don't know if that is cool for you but better than nothin maybe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

areyou on the mac or the pc?  On the mac you can author a dvd or a blu-ray with markers and use the built in dvd player and it's interface to jump to markers.  With blu-ray (for HD material) you'd have install a 3rd party blu-ray playing software...  (I think).  I'm sure there are equivalents on the pc.

You could make individual quicktimes for each section and setup a playlist in something like VLC (which is available for macs and pcs)

https://www.videolan.org 

There are keyboard shortcuts I think to jump to the next video in the playlist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and there are also software solutions for playing series of videos.  Do some googling for slideshow software.

microsoft powerpoint can do it.  Haven't had to set it up in powerpoint for years. It used to be difficult with certain video formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on both PC and Mac. I've purchased HD Movie Maker (PC) as one review said it did what i needed, but I'm finding the same problem with video formats - I don't seem to be able to find one that will mark a 4k track and then render it in the same quality that I get out of Premier. I'm missing something really basic, surely Adobe has something in this suite that can produce track markers on a damn movie.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2019 Oct 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've ended up testing out a couple of options which I'm kind of getting results.

GC art he

1. google chromecast 

2. Apple TV 

Loading rhe videos onto my android tablet, and onto my iPhone. Both options allow me to control the casting of.chapters to the TV.

I should have mentioned previously that this is to aid me in a visual presentation of a portfolio. It works Ok using the method above but I'm still missing something. I still want to be able to give a menu that will enable both me and my customer to use. If I give them a memory stick I would like them to be able to see the categories in the presentation 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines