• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Pro CC showing White Screen

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I scrub or play through any clip, its's white. However when I export the video, the video is clear. It's just the viewers. This is happening to every single one of my projects with Adobe Premier Pro CC, even projects way before this

problem ever occured. I even used it last week. The only thing that changed between last week and now, was that I updated my Windows PC from 8 to 8.1. I was forced to there were certain things I could use without 8.1.

I tried reinstalling it, updated the software, nothing has worked. Also a side not, sometimes when I scrub through it, big blocks of random texs with a black background appear, its really weird.

Adobe Premiere Pro cs6 is working just fine though, its just the stupid CC.

1026063_10203402783689350_1428193908_o.jpg

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your exact brand/model graphics adapter (ATI or nVidia or ???)

What is your exact graphics adapter driver version?

Have you gone to the vendor web site to check for a newer driver?

For Windows, do NOT rely on Windows Update to have current driver information

-you need to go direct to the vendor web site and check updates for yourself

ATI Driver Autodetect http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

nVidia Driver Downloads http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I did all of those things. My graphics card is a AMD Radeon HD 7870. I updated it again and still no change. Never hadd any problems with it, everything is running smoothly, its just the CC version of Adobe Premiere Pro. It's so weird. But here are the software specs for my praphics card.

Driver Packaging Version 13.251-131206a-166389C-ATI

Catalyst Version 13.12

Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1360

2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}/0000

Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01001

OpenGL Version 6.14.10.12618

AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2013.1206.1603.28764

AMD Audio Driver Version 9.0.0.9903

ANd thank you for getting back to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you're using an older driver.  Try updating from the AMD web site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, I updated it for the 3rd time. Is there a page on the site that I'm not seeing? This is it right:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows 8.1 - 64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Win 10 Pro and latest nVidia driver installed. Adobe keeps putting out [swear word] software like this, i may drop my subscription to photoshop only and get another video editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstalled everything to the core, restarted the pc, update the graphics card, restarted it, prayed, then downloaded it again, and its still showing the white screen. My step father said whenwhenthe operating system updated, the past codes with cc probably dont work with the newer system, something like that. I was just wondering if you can point me to the right direction where someone can help me with this situation. does Adobe Premier ProCC have a help center?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 06, 2014 Mar 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the operating system updated, the past codes with cc probably dont work with the newer system

I might expect that of a Mac, but not Windows.  At least, not often.  There was an OS update that messed with WMV display in PP, but I'm not aware of any such buggy updates with the current version of Windows 8.1

Is this a dedicated editing rig, or a general purpose computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2014 Apr 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact same problem. Were you ever able to find an answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find a solution!? I'm having the same issue...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah. Basically, you can't fix it. I called Adobe multiple times. First two time they said they would call back, never did. Third time I finally kept one on the line and refused to end the

session. Finally he said that there is no fix because AMD hasn't released an update that's compatible. SO they blamed AMD. SO I called AMD...and guess what...they said to blame Adobe.

However this never use to happen, until Creative Cloud had an update several months ago when this all started.

When you open After Effects CC 2014 now, it says that GPU Acceleration for ray tracing won't work with AMD (They need to advertise that!).

So for everyone that has CC and has an AMD needs to be careful, cause they will get *********** (edit: please don't use language like this). I have all of these great CC products, but I can't even use them properly, especially not Premiere Pro, cause it shows the white screen.

I use CS6, which works great, but doesn't have all of the awesome features.

For someone who needs to keep up with todays tech for their job, it really hurts me that Adobe would do this: ***************** (edit: again don't use language like this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

That sounds pretty ridiculous.

So just to clarify, you've found this issue has to do w/ your AMD graphics card?

Cause I'm in a different boat but seem have the exact same problem.

I'm on a Mac and my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that unbelievable. Sorry you're going through the same issue. Did you try updating your graphics card yet? If not, when you do, make sure to delete the old drivers first, then update it, just to make

sure you get the new ones ok.

It seems like in some weird cases, few people come up with this problem. And the reason why companies like Adobe and AMD/Nvidia won't fix the problem is because it's not happening to a 1000 people or more.

So why would they change it? Problems like these are expandable.

I apologize for venting, its just very frustrating. I hope you find a solution to your problem friend.

Let me know how it goes.

- Best,

Kenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2014 Jul 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kenny,

Sorry you're not finding a solution to this issue. I saw something similar on Twitter today, which lead me back to this post. In talking with my colleagues in support, they seem to feel it may be a codec issue. Specifically, it may not currently be installed or may have been uninstalled mistakenly.

Tell me, what is the exact format of the media? Which camera did it come from?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2014 Jul 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello HandsomeDragon,

HandsomeDragon wrote:

Yeah. Basically, you can't fix it. I called Adobe multiple times. First two time they said they would call back, never did. Third time I finally kept one on the line and refused to end the session. Finally he said that there is no fix because AMD hasn't released an update that's compatible. SO they blamed AMD. SO I called AMD...and guess what...they said to blame Adobe.

I'm sorry you're having this issue. Sounds like you had a frustrating time with our phone support and that is inexcusable. I can take a look at the case and see if I can find out and remedy what happened.

As far as this being solely an AMD issue, it doesn't sound like it as customers using NVIDIA GPUs are having similar issues. I would like to find out more about your issue to see if we can repeat the error.

HandsomeDragon wrote:

However this never use to happen, until Creative Cloud had an update several months ago when this all started.

So this happened, you believe, because of a Creative Cloud update? Do you recall which month that occurred? Did you update Premiere Pro CC at the same time?

HandsomeDragon wrote:

When you open After Effects CC 2014 now, it says that GPU Acceleration for ray tracing won't work with AMD (They need to advertise that!).

Wait. You should be able to create a ray-traced 3D composition with either an AMD or NVIDIA GPU installed. The difference is that the performance is greatly accelerated with a NVIDIA card because it uses their technology. That's always been the case and nothing changed with the new release.

HandsomeDragon wrote:

So for everyone that has CC and has an AMD needs to be careful, cause they will get *********** (edit: please don't use language like this).

Sorry for your frustrations, but that's not true. Many customers with AMD GPUs are operating Premiere Pro CC 2014 with no issues. I would say, however, that if you have an underpowered AMD GPU (less than 1 GB VRAM), then I would advise updating to a more powerful GPU.

I'm seeing that more users are having this issue, so I'd like to find out what everyone has in common. Therefore, please list the info we ask for in the following FAQ: FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

We really need to know all about your system, media, etc. If you answer the questions on the FAQ, we will have a lot more to go on. Thanks in advance for doing that.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI. This is not solely AMD issue. Nvidia users find this issue,too.
I have a feeling that this issue occurs due to conflicted between integreted intel graphic card and Nvidia/AMD GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 21, 2016 Jun 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the newest update doesn't address this problem and still the same problems. Is it just me or has AE/Premiere become a lot buggier after cs6? Super annoying and it crashes often without warning and fails to save the backup when I need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This reply was posted on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi KTGFilms,

Can we get more info on your issue? The more info, the better. FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I appreciate the response.

Some type of miracle happened when I updated to OSX 10.8.5 and it all of the sudden started to work properly.

Before that, there was literally nothing but white in both viewer windows. No matter the aspect ratio, file type, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2014 Aug 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool, glad to hear it. Curious, though. Which OS were you running previously?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

If you're still monitoring this thread, it would be great to get more info about this case. Can you please answer the questions listed in this FAQ? FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Premiere people

I'm having a similar issue with Premiere on my MacBook Pro and since updating to CC 2014, I've had a bunch of other problems too. The early adopter curse I guess.

I was getting multiple crashes dealing with 5K ProRes files, videos which I had no problems with under Premiere Pro CS6. I was dragging the video file into the project window, double click it to trim it and then Premiere would give a Serious Error warning and crash. I solved that issue by switching from Mercury Open CL to Mercury CUDA and the crashes stopped happening. Is there maybe something broken with Open CL in the new release?

And just today, I started getting this white screen issue. I'll open the project I'm working on, cut for maybe 10-15 minutes and then the playback window will turn white. Nothing I do while in Premiere seems to change this. I hit play in the timeline and I can hear the audio playing, but just getting a white screen in the playback. If I try a different Workspace layout, I get corrupted fragments of the other Premiere panels rather than the white. If I shut Premiere down and reopen it, the white screen isn't there but comes back after another 10-15 of cutting.

As you can imagine, this is a pain and I'd like to get it fixed. What more info do you need? I'm running a mid-2012 MBP, 16GB of ram, 650M 1GB GFX, and on 10.8.5

Cheers

Dan Murphy

mandurphy.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

Looks like we have some info, but could you answer the questions on this FAQ? FAQ: What information should I provide when asking a question on this forum?

Thanks in advance,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines