• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premier Pro CC showing White Screen

Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2014 Mar 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I scrub or play through any clip, its's white. However when I export the video, the video is clear. It's just the viewers. This is happening to every single one of my projects with Adobe Premier Pro CC, even projects way before this

problem ever occured. I even used it last week. The only thing that changed between last week and now, was that I updated my Windows PC from 8 to 8.1. I was forced to there were certain things I could use without 8.1.

I tried reinstalling it, updated the software, nothing has worked. Also a side not, sometimes when I scrub through it, big blocks of random texs with a black background appear, its really weird.

Adobe Premiere Pro cs6 is working just fine though, its just the stupid CC.

1026063_10203402783689350_1428193908_o.jpg

TOPICS
Hardware or GPU

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2015 Oct 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I should try win 10 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me.  Good luck.

Dual Monitor in Premiere Pro CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has a fix been found for this?

I'm running on win 10 and have all my drivers updated for my NVIDIA GTX 970.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeremiah Pena

I've found a workaround until adobe fixes the problem.

01.Make sure your render settings is set to GPU - cuda!

02. Then change your workspace to the color workspace preset.

03. Save your project.

04. Quit Premiere pro.

05. Go to task manager and make sure no instances of adobe Premiere pro is still running.

06. Re-open premiere pro

07. open the same project and switch to old workspace.

This should work.

Please let me know if this works for you. I'm trying to study this issue.

Kindest Regards.

Heinz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2015 Nov 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This workround worked for me.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White screen of death has been killing me since the update messed up a $6000 project file I'm working on but your solution seems to help. Thank you for discovering this. You know more than their tech support does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 05, 2016 Mar 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oddly heinzb's workaround worked! I don't know why but it does. Make sure to SAVE it before changing the workspace.

Thanks heinz!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mind blowing Heinz. Adobe should appreciate your effort and fix. Million thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much heinzb37364254

I can't believe this worked, but am so happy it does as I've tired pretty much everything else.

I'm just so curious now what is causing the program to act so strange like this? Is it the video card?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this will fall in line with the recent Nvidia posts as well along with a few potentially relevant details.

First off, I'm running a computer I built within the last two months with a GeForce 980 Ti. I originally noticed the problem a few days ago, did some searching and ultimately corrected it at the time by updating Nvidia drivers. Nothing I can recall has changed since I updated a few days ago, and I've only had a few restarts, but the original problem seems to have returned. Neither CUDA nor software rendering seem to make a difference.

2015111821382696.png

The preview screens aren't black or white or anything to suggest an encoding issue; just the dark-gray color of Premiere until you resize the window and make it apparent something is wrong. I also use Photoshop and Illustrator pretty often and don't see any hardware acceleration issues there.

Also trying Heinz' recommendation didn't appear to affect anything either.

EDIT: I was eventually able to work around the problem by reconnecting a random monitor and restarting Premiere. My guess is it resets a glitched graphics driver or something. I generally run three monitors, all I ended up doing was just unplugging the HDMI cable of one of them, waiting a few seconds then plugging it back in. At the moment it looks like this needs to be done after every restart, but luckily a relatively simply process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2016 Feb 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After trying all the options posted on this thread, I found another issue that resolved my exact same problem. I'm currently using Windows 10 64bit, it turned out that changing the Scratch Disk location worked for me.
I originally had it located to my Hard drive (G:),
when i switched it over to my SSD storage (D:) it worked perfectly fine after that.
Premiere is installed in (C:)

File > Project Settings > Scratch Disks

For instance:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

From

*Captured Video: Same As Project

*Path: G:/Premiere Scratch Disk

*The rest I had it located to the same location
--------------------------------------------------------------------
To

*Captured Video: Same As Project
*Path: D:/Premiere Scratch Disk
*The rest I had it located to the same location

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2016 Mar 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problems now too. Windows 10 64 bit and Geforce GTX 970.

I also notice that when you exit out of premiere, it's not fully closed when you look under task manager. It's still there and wasting memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2016 Jun 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why has this still not been fixed by Adobe? It's super annoying. Premiere doesn't close properly and has to be killed by using the task manager as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Heinz for the workaround - this is the one that worked for me.

Although I was already on the colour workspace - so I switched to another workspace, then switched back to colour. Re saved. Then when I opened it said media pending and I was good!

Like another poster said - make sure you save before quitting.

I am now scared to restart my computer or quit premiere pro - but hopefully it's fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody.

Since a few days I'm experiencing the same issue on my Mac. Unable to finish my project.

I tried the workaround above that seems to have helped some of you but in my case. Instead of fixing the problem I now receive a complete black Premiere surface when switching to "Standard"-workspace. And one of my three screens still turns white a few seconds after launching Premiere.

I run a setup with GeForce 120 GT and Quadro 4000 on OSX 10.11.6, Mac Pro 4.1

Maybe somebody has a suggestion, why that still happens and how to avoid the problem?

Thanks and good luck for everyone!

Tobias

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick Update:

Found my solution on Creative COW: CC 8.2 Dual Monitor White Screen Freeze no playback : Adobe Premiere Pro

"... Simply enabling 'Mirror Displays' in system preferences, then again disabling it, fixed my issue. I hope sharing this helps someone else out...."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I had the same issue, AMD and windows user. Tried many ways and none of them worked.

Found the issue and solution: I was using two monitor, one newer other older. Disconnected the older and it's all good now, no white screen with OpenCL checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue, white screen of death, only its with AE... PP works fine???

Windows 10 64bit version 1703

24GB RAM

AMD RYZEN 5 1400 QUAD-CORE 3.2 GHz CPU

AMD RADEON RX 580 (4gb)

1TB 7200 RPM HD

footage ive uploaded (from external drive and from desk top) is from Nikon D500.

My GPU driver is up to date, just did it.

Windows is up to date.

I've toggled between OpenCL and software only.

Nothing.

I already contacted Adobe but they told me to contact Windows, who wanted $120 just for a diag?

Quinn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2017 Nov 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue and seem to have found a work-around. I changed the workspace settings to "assembly" and video playback returned (following a entire day of heartache and failure).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that, still sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh! Adobe! Why is this still an issue? You can search back through forums and see this cropping up again and again.  It's new to me as of CC 2018 in the last week or so.

Thx for the workaround, Heinz, but it's certainly not an Adobe fix. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys !
Had that problem after windows 10 update. If solution "software only" doesn't help, try to reinstall Quick time codec.

#whitescreen #whiteprogrammonitor #premiereprowhitescreen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2018 Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's November 2018 and this is still a significant issue. I had a 2-3 hour phone call with an adobe engineer several weeks ago - he remoted into my machine and the workaround he discovered was to log in not with my windows profile, but with the administrator profile. Fast forward two months: even that no longer works. The work arounds regarding changing work spaces work until I try to open an individual video file to preview, and the displays freak out, freeze, and return to just a white screen.

System information:

Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134

Processor    AMD Ryzen 7 1700X Eight-Core Processor, 3400 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. 4012, 4/20/2018

Adapter Type    GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, NVIDIA compatible

Running dual monitors - because editing on one is a nightmare.

I'm on a custom built windows 10 machine with a brand new 1080ti, and 32gb of ram. I built this machine with my own personal cash mixed in with approved funds from my employer, and it's not great news to them that the machine they helped build can't function for its intended purpose. Has anyone at Adobe found an actual real solution for this?

I've been a paying adobe subcriber for years, and now I'm 3-4 months into barely being able to use the software for which I'm paying. Unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Anyone in 2019, go to File > Project Settings > General... > Video Rendering and Playback > Renderer. Change the render. If that doesn't work, or gives you some issue, switch it back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Close PREMIERE

2. Disconect any external monitor from your hdmi output port.

3. Launch PREMIERE and your current project

4. Reconnect your external monitor

5. Your welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines