Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere 2017 Not Responding

Community Beginner ,
Nov 27, 2016 Nov 27, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue # 1

Adding single band compressor to any clip in the timeline with a vocal booster mod +5 db causes the timeline to freeze for a minute or two each time I move the cursor and get I get long delays each time I start or stop playback. I've also noticed when moving the cursor it can't take up to 30 - 60 seconds for the frame to update in the preview. Below are my sequence settings.

Inline image 1

Issue # 2

When I add footage to the timeline from a Sony FS5 camera in .MXF format and open the color grading workspace and push the 'auto' button the entire UI hangs. I left it sit for 15 minutes and it didn't come back. When I disabled SLI on my twin Titan X Pascal graphics cards it seems to work now but my render times are much less when SLI is disabled.

Inline image 2

Issue # 3

Scrubbing is never smooth, even when I use a proxy for the h.264 encoded footage. When I drag the slider back and forth it's very jumpy and sometimes takes a second or so to catch up even when I'm at 1/4th resolution. This has never been smooth on any version of premiere but I'm wondering why that is the case since I've seen other people editing on premiere where it's butter smooth like it is in final cut pro or sony vegas. I suspect that my 4k resolution on my main screen or my multi-monitor setup might be causing the issue since when I move windows around between the screens they update very slowly and look like they are drawing very slowly. Perhaps Adobe Premiere has some problem with rendering to such a huge pixel buffer? At any rate below is my display configuration and I would love to know if there are ways to mitigate this.

Device Manager (My hardware)

Inline image 3

Graphics Configuration

3x 50" screens at 3740x2160 (4k) in a horizontal configuration

Inline image 4

Audio Hardware (Yamaha MG10XU External USB Mixer Board)

Inline image 5

Storage

Scratch - 4x Samsung 850 EVO SSD's in RAID 0 configuration

Program - M.2 Drive (1.5gb/sec RW)

Issue # 4

When I move rapidly through the timeline shift cutting (all channel cut) and then collapsing with shift delete while it's still processing it seems to go into a "NOT RESPONDING" state and never returns. I've had this happen about once an hour while editing normally. I have a dump file that is 13.8GB that I would happily upload somewhere if it would help you resolve the issue. The dump was taken during the NOT RESPONDING issue so you should be able to see what all the threads are doing. I don't have symbols so I can't figure it out myself.

Issue # 5

When I'm playing back footage even at 1/2 it will randomly drop frames and jump around and skip then it gets smooth again. Even when nothing else is running on the computer and CPU/GPU utilization is very low. 2017 seems to be a little faster after the last update but still having all these same issues.

Issue # 6
When I add 3rd party de-noising plugins like Denoiser II or Neat Denoiser and add them to the timeline it will no longer play back in real time and is very laggy. The CPU and GPU utilization is very low. It seems like these plugins are not able to utilize the power of the PC and end up hanging everything. All the demos I see online of these plugins and others like them seem to show the time line working properly but I've yet to ever get them to work right. I'm not sure if it's the plugin's fault or it's somehow linked to a core problem with Premiere.

Other Observations

- Most of these problems still occur on down level version of Adobe Premiere
- Most of these issues reproduce on my Laptop which is a 6700k with 980 GPU.
- All systems exhibiting this problem are 4k+ resolution and using SSD storage (no spinning disk)
- I've never had a smooth Adobe Premiere editing experience yet.

My Main Computer

Asus Z10PE-D8 WS Motherboard

(2) Intel Xeon E5-2643 V3 3.5ghz Siz Core 20MB 135W

(2) Nvidia GTX Titan X Pascal graphics cards

(4) Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD drives in RAID 0 (onboard motherboard RAID)
(2) 512GB Samsung M.2 Drives (OS and Apps including Preimiere)
(3) 50" 4k@60hz Panels in surround configuration

Help! Since Adobe Premiere is such a huge part of my job and workflow I need to get it running like a Swiss Watch no matter what it takes. I can provide any information that is needed to resolve the issue including dump files when the issues are encountered since it's frequent and I can also change settings both in display drivers and Adobe Premiere or other general OS settings to help get you more information or if you think it will help with the issues I'm having. Also any BIOS changes that need to be made that might improve things with Adobe and how it utilizes the hardware would be welcomed.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?