• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe premiere file browser IS STILL NOT FIXED!

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Latest update to Premiere CC 2019 and the damn file browser is still not fixed!!!

As i have said in my previous posts, when i EXPORT my project to render out the final video file to disk, there is a browse window to ask me where i want to save the damn video!

THAT WINDOW IS STILL BROKEN!!!

It will freeze and crash premiere and this has still not been fixed!!!

What are we paying you Adobe for??!

I started my career as a software engineer and its a simple thing to do: select a location and save the damn thing!

I dont know what language was used to program this software but can you please forward this link to your developers and ask them to read this? It shows how to implement the file save browse window... How to: Save Files Using the SaveFileDialog Component | Microsoft Docs

Or send me the source code and i will fix the damn thing myself! It is ridiculous at how bad you are at fixing bugs and simple things like saving a file crashes the whole thing!! If i did not already approve the team bulk license, i would have gotten rid of this terrible buggy software and gone Apple and Final Cut.

Just to clarify, its the EXPORT FILE BROWSE WINDOW that fails, you know, that window when you go to File > Export and select a filename and location to save the final composition...

My god... i never thought Adobe could turn a deaf ear to bug reports and in 2019 they still dont have a reliable software to save a file!!

Specs:

Expensive ass dell workstation

Windows 10 creators pack

Quadro P6000

Latest nvidia drivers

Mercury engine/GPU acceleration enabled

Everything else set to default, i even wasted my life completely uninstalling the old CC2018 and installing a fresh copy of CC2019

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is something affecting you and very, very few orhers.

Which doesn't make it less painful for you, just harder for them to figure out why this is happening when they can't repro it.

File your report on their bug fix system linked on the Overview page of this forum. Their new UserVoice system is vastly improved. It does go directly into te engineers system.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you and agree. Here's another thread where I posted a snapshot of it as it was happening (on page 2.)  I don't know if they'll ever fix this.

Premiere Pro freezing on "Save as" and "Save a copy"

No other program on my system behaves this way. I hold my breath every time I go to save using the file browser. I always do a Cntrl + S to be safe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is an elusive issue that we've been trying to nail down. Machine, hard drive and network config are likely factors.

We have been in communication with Microsoft on this but reproducing in-house has been challenging.

If anyone has time to step through this issue with engineering, I can look into setting this up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines