Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Green screen - green around moving hand

Explorer ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I'm tried to edit some footage, shot against green screen.  Green screen removed fine but the person talking is very active with his hands causing and area of green to be associated with the motion.  Can anyone advise how I remove this or at least make it less visible?

Many thanks in advance,

Kim

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your talent does not move his hands that quickly.

Might have a new greenscreen but the camera is still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those bulbs are 85W CFL (equiv to about 350 watt incandescent ), probably 5500K color balance ...so set your white balance manually to 5500K or as close to that as you can. When shooting turn off the overhead fluorescents and shut blinds on those exterior windows... so that the only light you are using is your 4 lights.

Because the lights are fairly low output ( foot-candles) your lens F stop will be pretty wide open ( F 2.8 or so ), at around 400 ISO ? … SO, since some lenses are slightly 'sharper' when closed down 2 stops from wide open, try to make your F stop around 5.6 or 8 by cranking up the ISO to around 1000.

Turn off image stabilization.

Good job on getting new stuff to work with.. looks cool.

With new background, other than pure white, it should look pretty nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

p.s.

green tint on skin is a fairly common phenomenon with white people in certain light … can be corrected separately ( not the same issue as your green screen ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With regard to lighting... the smallest light I have is 1000 watts. If I put that through diffusion ( like your umbrella, which is similar to what film people call a 'silk' ) I lose about an F stop. The light gets softer, but it also gets dimmed down due to going through the material.

So, another thing you can do is shop for a few bulbs … that are the same type ( CFL photo bulbs at 5500K ) with slightly higher wattage.. like, instead of 85W get a couple that are 100W …  That will let you close down that F stop a little more, which might help you with that lens you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2019 Aug 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much I'll add this as another question...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great thank you for your advice and kind words that gives me confidence that I'm on the right track 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I'll try and advise him!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kim,

I love what eikonoklastes did, even took the time to upload an After Effects project with masks, the Keylight (1.2) effect, and Advanced Spill Suppressor effects applied so that you can copy/paste onto your footage! Impressive!

Is it safe to assume that you know how to use dynamic link between Premiere and After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it's amazingly helpful and very kind! 

I'm really new to filming and also new to After Effects.  I know it has huge capability but I've never had the opportunity or need to use it before now.  Just YouTubing dyamic links.... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines