• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro 2018 Shortcut syncing problem

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I recently updated to CC 2018 on premiere pro. For some reason I cannot import my old keyboard shortcuts or find my old shortcut file.

When I tried syncing my settings, I made sure I checked all the boxes, Only my timeline workspace was transferred over . Kind of annoying. Is there a way to revert?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi ajv,

Sorry for your issue!

Assuming that you've upgraded from Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.x.x) to Premiere Pro CC (12.0), you can find your old shortcuts file in this folder:

Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0 > Profile - username > Win/Mac (depending on your OS)

The keyboard shortcuts file extension is .kys.

Hope this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ajv,

Sorry for your issue!

Assuming that you've upgraded from Premiere Pro CC 2017 (11.x.x) to Premiere Pro CC (12.0), you can find your old shortcuts file in this folder:

Documents > Adobe > Premiere Pro > 11.0 > Profile - username > Win/Mac (depending on your OS)

The keyboard shortcuts file extension is .kys.

Hope this helps.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. How do I import it into premiere? I can't find a place to import it under.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh hold on nvm. You have to put it under the Creative cloud profile folder. thank you though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to help by adding:

Then, move these files to:

iClouddrive > Documents > Adobe > Premierepro > 12 > Profiles-insertusername and Profile-creativecloud

There are layouts and keyboard shortcuts you'll want to replace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2018 Oct 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem when I upgraded to premiere 2019. None of my settings moved over! I tried copying and pasting the entire settings folder. Nothing works. Copied the .kys folders to many places. Synching the settings to the cloud (which I think overwrote the existing settings with the blank default ones). Tried even using time machine to restore the old version of Premiere, which wouldn't launch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So annoying and stupid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2019 May 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out! its in your username Documents > adobe > 12 > profile >username > mac

Screen Shot 2019-05-29 at 7.33.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines