• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CC could not find any capable video display modules.

Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2016 Dec 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  Premiere has been working for me with no issues for awhile now.  However, as of today, when I need it for a final project at school It busts.  I have spent 8 hours trying everything on the internet.  To begin:  I own a PC with Windows 10.  Every time I start up Premiere, it gives me this error message:

"Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video display modules.  Please update your video display drivers and start again."

Now. Here are the solutions I have tried:

1.  (Obviously)  I have tried updating my video display drivers.  I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M and an Intel HD Graphics 4600.  The NVIDIA one, when I tried to update, told me that everything was already up to date.  The Intel one, on the other hand, needed an update.  Which I have done so.  I tried again and Premiere gave the same message.  So, I went to the NVIDIA website and downloaded the newest driver available for my particular version.  Tried again and still, the same message is given. 

2.  I tried running as Administrator.  Many people have had this work for them online, however, it has not helped at all for me.

3.  I changed the BIOS setup from Switchable Graphics to fixed.  Again.. Nothing, so I changed it back to Switchable.

At this point, I had already tried all of the options(That applied to my particular graphics cards) on the Adobe support site.  So, I decided to look elsewhere.

4.  I have tried disabling the Intel Graphics 4600 driver.  Many have said to do this on youtube or in forums.  I have had no luck with this fix.  In fact I tried it multiple times. 

5.  I went to the roaming folder, and then to my adobe folder, and then to my premiere folder.  I then renamed the folder called "10.0".  I renamed it, "10.0old"

I then tried to run Premier. Same issue as before.

6. I made sure all of my other products worked, which they did.  So, I figured it might be a problem with premiere itself.  I then decided to update Premiere to see if that would help.  After updating to the newest version, and restarting my computer.. I got the same message again. 

7.  I then decided to wipe out Premiere completely and re-download it.  Which I have done so, and then restarted my computer.  AGAIN i received the error message.

8.  I am now reaching out to you.. I need help.  If there is anything else you know of that I can try, please let me know.  Thank You.  In the mean time I will be searching online to try and download the newest version of the Intel Driver.  I shall post a comment here If I have any luck.  Thanks for reading.  I appreciate any help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Good News! I have found a solution!  I decided to try a new approach.  I payed less attention to my drivers and more attention to the program itself.  I thought that updating microsoft visual studio would be worth a try, so I updated it over night.  The next day, I finished the update and tried premiere.  It worked just fine, like nothing ever happened.  It also got rid of the "Bad Image" error I was receiving as well.  I hope this helps anyone else in this situation.  If you have any questions

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,
Dec 06, 2016 Dec 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you try enabling premiere.exe in nvidia controls as primary display?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not.  I can try that now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok.  I'm not sure if i've done what you suggested or not, but here is what I did: I set Premiere to use the Nvidia processor instead of the Intel one.  I applied the changes, restarted my computer, and still got the same error.  Recently I've been getting a "Bad Image" error as well.. on just about everything that i open up that uses my graphics drivers..  Don't know if that helps, but I figure I should let you know.Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try a burn in stress-test utility to make sure your card isn't fried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, all of my other adobe, autodesk, and other applications work fine.  So I doubt I have a fried card, but I would still be willing to check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2016 Dec 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good News! I have found a solution!  I decided to try a new approach.  I payed less attention to my drivers and more attention to the program itself.  I thought that updating microsoft visual studio would be worth a try, so I updated it over night.  The next day, I finished the update and tried premiere.  It worked just fine, like nothing ever happened.  It also got rid of the "Bad Image" error I was receiving as well.  I hope this helps anyone else in this situation.  If you have any questions regarding the issue, feel free to message me and I will do my best to tell you (In detail) what I tried.  Thank you for your help Chris W! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines