• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again.

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2017 Aug 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't open premiere pro cc2017 on my Mac Pro these days. Every time It says: "Adobe Premiere Pro could not find any capable video play modules. Please update your video display drivers and start again." Is there any way to solve this problem? My Mac Pro has latest system which is macOS Sierra 10.12.6.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

I found the solution and I thought I posted it here but it looks that I didn't, my bad.

I can't find the link again but all I had to do was go to

Users ---> My Profile----->Library -----> Application Support --- then changed the name of the folder ADOBE to OldAdobe

then

Users ----> My Profile---->  Library ----> Preferences --- did as above

then

Users ----> My Profile -----> Documents -----> as above

Then restarted Premiere and it was working. I hope this helps.

Peace

Nico

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry man but still didnt work for me !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problem, still didnt work for me !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2018 May 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i have the same problem and have been looking everywhere online to find the answer. I can't even find my library and I'm pretty sure my computer doesn't have one. I've tried everything but to no avail. I have a MacBook Air with the latest High Sierra update and I just wanna figure this out! HElllllpppP meeeee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried the library permissions reset and that didn't work. Logged out of Red Giant Link application and that worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2020 Jan 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 24, 2018 Dec 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

This solution is only for Windows.

If you have only one Graphics card (for example a GTX 1070) shown in Device Manager, maybe you will need uninstall the Intel Graphic card driver which was installed from windows and its not visible in Device Manager. How? The best way is to use DDU uninstaller: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.0.6 . After installing the program you need to choose the device type and then the driver(in our case is GPU and then Intel). After uninstalling do a restart and then open Premier Pro.

In my case it worked unlike all the other solutions that i tried from web.

Please let me know if it worked for you guys also.

Johnny from MifcomUnbenannt2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2019 Jan 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mate! Was struggling for hours until I found your solution (the only one that worked, tried almost anything).

Fun is, I disabled the Intel Graphics card from BIOS, as a very first measure... then 2 hours later and with all the common resolutions done to try to solve this problem I stumbled across your post!

That was the missing link and thanks to DDU I could remove the Intel Drivers and now Premiere starts (on Windows) again.

Isn't anything Adobe can do to avoid this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realy thanks, Johnny!

That's the only solution that worked for me!
Win 10 and GTX 1060

Both Premiere and AE 2019 didn't want to open. Premiere with "could not find any capable video play modules" error, AE just with crash report window.

Now everything works well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sir saved me, I had to finish a video for my job and I've been looking for a solution for 2 days nonstop, tried everything, all CC and CS6 versions in both Premiere and After Effects (I had an error here as well), after disabling the Intel graphic both softwares worked perfectly.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed version 13.0.1, witch is okay for me becase I didn't  have any projects in 13.0.2.

It sucks that this is happening to so many people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have  the same Problem.

I have 2 Graphic Cards.

- AMD Radeon R9270x

and a

Intel HD Graphics 4000 onboard.

As soon as i disable the Intel Card in the device manager it works. But that is no solution for me since i have also an monitor attached to this.

But this fixed my problem temporary.

- disable Intel

- start premiere

- enable Intel

- Works on all monitors...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, for me it also didnt work. I have made a clean install with MacOS Catalina and the Premiere 2020 Verion.

Now I pay for a program I can not use. Why I allway do the same mistake an support them with my money?

Time to rethink everything. Never had problems like this in FCPX.

Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For my a downgrade to 13.3 worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well, fresh install on a 2019 Mac Pro. Tried all the torubleshooting steps (folder rename, permissions, hooking monitor up via HDMI) - nothing has worked. Previous version of Premier Pro will run.Screen Shot 2019-12-27 at 7.49.34 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jbeckham and @paule77934122, am having the same issues with Macbook Pro 16" (2019) and a reformatted Macbook Pro 15" (2018), both with fresh install of Adobe CC 2020 on a clean install of macOS Catalina 10.15.2.

Have posted my trouble-shooting process with numerous tries of reformatting over the last few days here:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premier-pro-2020-after-effects-media-encoder-audition-is...

The issue is not just with Premier Pro 2020, but also with After Effects 2020, Media Encoder 2020, Audition 2020 (and possibly Prelude 2020).

Pretty sure it's not a hardware drive compatability issue like wha the customer service officer shared with me. More of an issue with the way Premier Pro 2020 and the accompany apps work on Catalina 10.15.2. Hope someone from Adobe will come to address this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue with new Mac Pro 2019. Seems when i reboot PP starts fine. Its afterward that it stops and fails while looking for Video driver. But after rebooting all is good at least once. Screen Shot 2020-01-02 at 2.16.56 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2020 Jan 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i get the same error on a new Mac Pro (2019), newly from the factory :-)), macos 10.15.2, no upgrade.

We are using a Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3. It is not possible to start Premiere 2020 (could not find any capable video play modules, try to update drivers). I tried the older Premiere Version  (sorry, cant remember which one - its the last one), the applications starts, and i get sound, but no video output to the sdi-monitor.

So, i had to say - the new mac pro is nice, but its useless, until to the point i edit with FCPX....

iMac Pro, macos 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to be kind and respectful, but it is difficult when paying for a service that I can't use. I'm having the same problems as the other users in this thread, not being able to open Premier Pro 2020 on a new Mac Pro. I have tried all of the strategies suggested in this thread and other "fixes" that Adobe has suggested. I just hung up from my fifth call in less than a week with different Adobe Customer Care reps in India. Each of them tries the same things, each fails, and then each tells me they will leave the case open, and then I have to start from scratch trying to reach a new rep. Each tells me they are escalating the issue, but it does not appear that they do. I also had two calls with Apple Support, who, while very helpful, were not able to resolve the issue and basically said that I need to contact Adobe. The last Adobe rep told me to use Premier Pro 2019 and someone will contact you within 48 hours. When I just tried calling the Adobe San Jose office to lodge a complaint, the first time they said they can only transfer me to India, nd the second time the operator hung up on me. Not sure what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is frustrating.

I am wondering, why there are not a lot more comments about that problem - not many Mac pro owners, or Premiere users or not in this combination. I found a thread at the macrumors forum, but also no solution, nor an explanation (Blackmagic card, Adobe, Apples Macos ?)

Btw,  its a Radeon Pro Vega II with 32 GB HBM2 VRam in this new Mac Pro.

iMac Pro, macos 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2020 Jan 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2020-01-29 at 11.39.23 PM.png

I am having same issue so running Adobe Premiere Pro cc 2019 since 2020 suddenly stopped working on my Macbook Pro 15 inch 2018 edition.

Additional Info.:

Graphics

Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution worked for Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2020 by nicok11966975

Update - It's a temp solution does not work. It gives the warning again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I already mentioned, that didn;'t work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tried fresh installing Adobe CC and reinsalled apps I use but premiere pro 2020 didn't work.

So went back to oder version/other versions.

I opened Creative cloud hit the three dotted lines and clicked on other version.

I am now using old media encoder and premiere (v13.1.5) but I can't open 2020 versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an important update to this issue. After meeting with five Adobe Customer care staff, they just sent me the email below, so I guess we all should just use the 2019 build and wait for the patch:

"Hello! Greetings of the day! Thank you for contacting Adobe. We're happy to help. We are writing in reference to your case. We have reported this issue as a BUG and BUG number is DVAPR-4221567. Our Engineering team is currently working on it and soon we will release the patch for this and we will inform you.
However, if you are still having issues, please feel free to reach us back through the support portal at http://www.adobe.com/go/supportportal, or by contacting us at http://helpx.adobe.com/support.html. Please feel free to contact us again if you need further assistance.
 Thanks & Regards, Adobe Technical Support"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines