Exit

Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 (5.5.1) update

New Here ,
Sep 12, 2011 Sep 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

The Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5.1 update is now live on Adobe.com:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Macintosh

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=98&platform=Windows

The readme will be posted shortly, and expect the AAM updater to come out in the next week or two. Here's the summary from the readme:

The Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 5.5.1 update fixes issues that were discovered when using Adobe Premiere Pro with Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). The update also fixes an issue where XML project files created in Premiere Pro don’t work with DaVinci Resolve.

• MAC: Fixed an issue in Mac OS X 10.7 where the Universal Counting Leader is missing countdown numbers
  • MAC: Fixed an issue where Adobe Premiere Pro would crash upon quitting when running on Mac OS X 10.7
  • WINDOWS: Fixed an issue where the Preview was not functioning properly in the capture panel for HDV
  • Fixed an issue where imported Final Cut Pro XML projects that contain multiple mono clips will lose some audio when project is closed and reopened
  • Fixed an issue where exporting to DVCPRO HD 720p60 QuickTime does not complete with graphic, image or synthetic in the sequence
  • Fixed an issue where a clip is repositioned when a CUDA Invert is applied to the clip
  • Fixed a crash in Adobe Premiere Pro when viewing sequence clip in source monitor
  • Improved scrubbing performance with Canon DSLR files
  • Fixed an issue where Adobe Premiere Pro could not find files after changing location of project
  • Fixed an issue where Adobe Premiere Pro would randomly crash on startup
  • Fixed an issue After Effects comp with a background other than black would result in no alpha transparency when Mercury Playback GPU Acceleration was enabled
  • Fixed an crash in Adobe Premiere Pro if you create a new sequence from After Effects, you had the sequence presets tab in focus and no sequence preset selected
  • Fixed an issue where Adobe MXF files are not readable by Sony XDCAM HD Deck, Final Cut Pro nor Media Composer
  • Fixed an issue where Adobe Premiere Pro’s commit size increases when closed captioning is enabled
  • Fixed an import failure with ProRes files created by ATOMOS with 4 tracks of audio
  • Fixed an issue where MCC files exported from MacCaption with a FrameRate set to 50 or 59.94 fails to display in Adobe Premiere Pro’s Program Monitor when attached to sequences that match their frame rate
  • Fixed a display failure with NVIDIA driver 275.36
  • Fixed a problem with incorrect data written to XML files for AVCIntra exports
  • Fixed an issue when a AVCIntra sequence with an adjust start times exports it has an unsupported string in the “StartTimeCode” tag in the XML
  • Fixed an issue when the Mercury Playback Engine GPU Acceleration enabled, opacity effects are being ignored after second transition
  • Fixed a hang or a crash in Adobe Premiere Pro when loading a merged clip with disabled audio channels
  • Fixed an issue where media from Avid Unity QuickTime reference files are not imported
  • Fixed an issue where XML project files created by Adobe Premiere Pro do not work with DaVinci’s Resolve
  • Fixed an issue where image sequences lose their frame rates
  • Fixed an issue where when adding a transition the edges of the clip are highlighted during the transition

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> I'd like to install Lion if possible soon.

Be sure to consider that very carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2011 Sep 13, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, I installed 5.5.1 an hour ago and it appears to be not talking nicely with my Decklink 3D Extreme card.   I'm getting frequent timeline lockups and poor refresh on multi-layred sequences.   Might be best to wait a bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2011 Sep 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having switched from Final Cut Pro recently due to the FCPx "tragedy", I'm really, really delighted to see a respons from Adobe like this !

Thank you! Apple could learn a lot from listening to clients and respond quick as you guys seems to do

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How bad is the eyedropper situation? I know its a know issue, but to what extent is the eyedropper not working correctly? Is it all tools that have an eyedropper?

MAC or PC or both?

Thanks

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The eyedropper issue is just for Mac OSX v10.7 (Lion). It makes eyedroppers not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the update. Since the new Mac machines are now shipping with Lion, how realistic is it to get a "hot fix" out for the eyedropper issue? I know you cannot spell out future plans for Adobe, but if the timeline for a fix for the eyedropper and Lion is months away, then a non-Lion machine is essential at this point. Got a new machine (non-hardware i/o) and just trying to plan accordingly.

Thanks,

Ray

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ray,

As I said above, I don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of notes (which I also added to the announcement post😞

- If you have installed the RED Epic importer plug-in from Adobe Labs,  the Premiere Pro CS5.5 (5.5.1) update will overwrite it with the  built-in RED importer plug-in. To restore the functionality of the RED  Epic importer, just re-install the RED Epic importer plug-in after  installing the Premiere Pro CS5.5 (5.5.1) update.

- On Mac OSX v10.6 (Snow Leopard) and v10.7 (Lion), in Premiere Pro CS5.5  with the 5.5.1 update installed, closed captions are not shown in the  correct position in the Program Monitor—and are often not visible  because they are drawn offscreen. Output of closed captions is not affected; this bug only applies to preview in the Program Monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated successfully on two computers but one of them needed full reinstall od Adobe Suite.

It would be nice if you can make your installers "smarter". There are many people having "update not applicable" errors, not just with Premiere but other CS programs. Uninstall/Reinstall is frustrating fix.And yes, I've downloaded proper versions.

Also, I've reported some bugs few weeks/months ago and none of them are fixed in 5.5.1.

Some of them are explained here:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/874267?tstart=0

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/801141?tstart=0

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/855601?tstart=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lord Nelson here.

I've reverted back to 5.5.0 as I was experiencing lock-up problems with the BM Intensity Pro.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way of simply uninstalling the update and reverting back to an earlier version.  Win 7 Sytem Restore wouldn't, so I had to uninstall Premiere Pro, apply the Adobe Clean Install utility (or whatever!) and then reinstall PP CS5.5.  Trouble was that it reinstalled the whole suite, not just PP - so I lost all custom workspaces across the suite.

Grrrrr!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...so I lost all custom workspaces across the suite.

Don't check the "Remove Preferences" box in the uninstaller, Or better yet, back up your various preference/settings files before an uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I didn't elect to remove preferences.  I think it's one of the vagaries or the Adobe cleaner tool.

I think, from memory, that the preferences are different from custom workspaces.  I'll have to discover how to back those up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That could be... another reason backing up is always good

Custom workspaces should be found in (Windows): C:\Users\Username\Documents\Adobe\Premiere Pro\5.5\Layouts. There's other stuff like title templates and title styles there, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2011 Sep 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe.

This seems to have fixed a lot of the issues I was experiencing with AVCHD footage.  Specifically with CUDA transitions (cross dissolve) randomly not working, and playback issues when the playback head passed from one clip to another in the timeline.

Scrubbing is still choppy, but very much improved.

-Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2011 Sep 22, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have updated flash and media encoder with automatic updates of aplication manager, but application manager updates reports "everything is updated" and is not offering premiere 5.5.1 to be updated.

Why application manager do not show this update?

Finally I downloaded and installed 5.5.1 update manualy.

Lluís

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here LluisV. 

Whilst I have decided not to reinstall PP CS5.5.1,  I, too, am informed that everything is up-to-date after updating Flash and AME.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 23, 2011 Sep 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See this excerpt from the announcement post:

"Soon, but not yet, you’ll be able to install this update by choosing Help > Updates.

For now, you must directly download the update packages from the download pages for Windows or Mac OS, using the “Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 5.5.1 update” link."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2011 Sep 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The update should be available via AAM now.

Sheri

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I don't think we can use the update with third-party video cards yet Sheri.  I tried the Mac 5.5.1 update last week and got playback freezing on the Blackmagic timeline.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im using the update on my  system (see below) and the Kona 3 is fine.

Tom Daigon

Avid DS / PrP / After Effects Editor

www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Mac Pro 3,1

2 x 3.2 ghz Quad Core Intel Xeon

Nvidia Quadro 4000

24 gigs ram

AJA Kona 3

Maxx Digita / Areca 8tb. raid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update did resolve the issue I was experiencing with GPU effects (specifically "Cross Dissolve") randomly failing to display / render (and instead showing as a basic cut).  YEAH!!!

It also improved the frame rate issue I was experiencing, but did not eliminate it.  I'm editing 1080p/60 AVCHD video (Panasonic TM700 in 1080p/60 mode), on an i7 870, Win7 64-bit, 16GB Ram, with a GTX 570, and a 2TB 7200RPM WD Black HD.

I lose frame rate when switching from one clip in the timeline, to another.  On that change over (particularly if it is coming from a text graphic that doesn't require heavy HD activity), the computer tends to drop to a low frame rate.  If I pause and resume the video (this can be done just as fast as you can push the space bar) the frame rate will snap back to normal.

It does this less frequently than before... now I can continue to edit without having to render the previews... but if I want to watch/review more than a few clips in the time line (~40-60+ seconds of video), I still have to render it out first, or I'm constantly having to pause and unpause the video.  So better.... but not completely resolved.

Thanks for improving it though!  It is now much more usable that it was before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the eye droppers fixed yet?

What is the status of PP working with Lion?

I spent the whole summer blowing it off .. waiting for Adobe to fix the problems I had since January.

I'm installing the latest Snow Leopard update and the Adobe Master Collection 5.5.1 updtes now ...

😮

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Oct 17, 2011 Oct 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 01, 2011 Nov 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Premiere Pro CS5.5 (5.5.2) update fixes the problem with eyedroppers on Mac OSX v10.7 (Lion), as well as some other issues. See this page for details:

http://adobe.ly/premiere_pro_552

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines