• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Premiere Text Issue

New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what happened to my last post. I'm doing a video with text of what that person says underneath.

I added text, chose the font/style/background, etc. When I got to the next sentence, I got stuck on how to get another separate text box on the timeline so I could write another sentence. Anyway, you can see between the two images all the alignment, size, shadow, etc. are the same - but for some reason when it moves to the 2nd text box, as you can see it's not flush, and the drop shadow is gone. 

PS: I have no idea why, for me anyways, when I click on each image on this post they both look identical.

ThanksDespite all the same options, the text is pushed down and isn't flush. The drop shadow isn't there despite it showing itisDespite all the same options, the text is pushed down and isn't flush. The drop shadow isn't there despite it showing itisHow it's supposed to lookHow it's supposed to look

TOPICS
How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And one other question. On the top right under "edit" befoer you click on the title why does it says 

Transform 960/540, etc. as it does on the left. Then, when you click on "This is just a test" it tells you it's 534.8/858.1?

Thanksquestion3.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for your second question, Transform is 960/540 because that is the X,Y position of the entire graphic clip. Your text "This is just a test" has its own X,Y position within that clip. Note that each graphic clip can contain several text layers, each with its own X,Y position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That makes complete sense but then on the top right if I move the 960 # for example it moves the text box over. Yet if I click on the title of the text to get all the details (shadow, text size, etc.) then the 960 is gone and ti shows 189.1 1028.4 -157.8 61.5 - yet if I change the 189 # it moves the box also. So if I move the 960# on the right, why doesn't it move everything - it doesn't move the video? Also despite the first text box drop shadow working, the other text boxes despite it being at the same % doesn't look the same at all so I had to remove it from the first clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you move the 960 # in the top right, you're moving the entire graphic. The text box is actually resting in place but the "surface" it's on is moving—if that makes any sense. To see this better, add another text box to the same graphic. When you move that 960 # you'll see both text boxes move in unison, but if you select each Text layer, you'll be able to move them independently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The top image may have a space or "enter" character prior to the first visible letter. I would click in the text box, go all the way to the left, and see if hitting the left arrow key to move the cursor previous to the left of the "W ... " and tappping backspace aligns things better.

You can always add new items in any particular graphic, or even with the T text tool selected, click/drag on the Program monitor to create a new text box, which auto-creates the graphic clip at that point on the timeline.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@VideoEditor20: Since the the first text graphic shows the text as you want it, just duplicate it and then replace the text with your new sentence. The easiest way to do that is to hold the Alt key and drag the text graphic ahead in the timeline. Drag the clip where you want it and then you can triple-click the text in the copied graphic and replace the text. Make sure the playhead is at the copied clip so you end up editing the correct clip's text!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll try that next time! I finished what I was working on for now because what happens when I insert text at another point in the video, I have no way of being exactly aligned with where I was before so I have to input all the #'s again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, try that next time.

Also, you can right-click the Text layer in the Essential Graphics panel and choose copy. Then in another text graphic, you can right-click the layers area and choose Paste. That'll paste the text layer with all of its properties.

screenshot_349.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To learn more about adding, editing titles and using the Essential Graphics panel, watch the 2nd video on this page: Create a new title.

This one is also quite informative (same presenter): Easily create title graphics. It teaches some basic animation skills too, and saving your title style as a Motion Graphic template for use later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines