Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After 22.3 plash screen an error shows.

Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That error box says :

Display Surface initialization failed. You load up premiere pro again and it loads fine.  Is anyone else getting this?

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me!! Thank you so much! After 5 hours of suffering your comment saved my workday. 

Solution: Activity monitor -> search: dynamiclinkmanager.exe -> force quit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me to thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for Mac, unfortunately.  There is no dynamiclinkmanager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same issue. It is not going away, though. I have tried multiple start-ups of it and continue getting the same error. Please help?

I have the Creative Cloud installed on my "D" drive (HDD) My "C" drive is SSD and has limited GB's available.

Here is some of my system information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19044 Build 19044
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-OLQA4DP
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model B450M DS3H WIFI
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU Default string
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 3593 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F42e Y1, 10/9/2019
SMBIOS Version 3.2
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product B450M DS3H WIFI-CF
BaseBoard Version x.x
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State Off
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.19041.1741"
User Name DESKTOP-OLQA4DP\james
Time Zone Eastern Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 31.9 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.9 GB
Available Physical Memory 25.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.7 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe seems to spawn a local NodeJS instance for some type of background processing.

I kept getting this error until I allowed the following traffic on my machine's local firewall.

I'm using some very strict firewall rules on my machine but I hope this might help someone else with similar symptoms.

Application: %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2022\GPUSniffer.exe

Source IP: 127.0.0.1

Source Port: ANY

Destination: 127.0.0.1

Destination Port: 49152 - 65535

Application: %ProgramFiles%\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2022\Adobe Premiere Pro.exe

Source IP: 127.0.0.1

Source Port: ANY

Destination: 127.0.0.1

Destination Port: 49152 - 65535

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got the same error when updating on windows 10. I don't know what my old version was. But I got the error with 22.5 22.4 and 22.3.

I the end I must somehow missed a note of my firewall when starting up the new version for the first time. Usually some new files need access granted, which I permit. But when several of them pop up together sometimes one of the requests becomes denied automaticly. (I don't use the windows firewall).

So I looked up my firewall protocol and saw one of the Adobe files being blocked. I changed that and now its running again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and I updated my gpu drivers, delete my premiere user settings and deleted the premiere version with the cleaner... all of which didn't not help. Or maybe it did, don't know. Just wanted to add this information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unninstalled Premiere Pro using CC Cleaner, as Christian suggested and it worked for me. 

But only the first time after clean install. 😞

Problems reappered after reboot. 

Solution for me was disabling ccxprocess at startup in the task manager (and rebooting afterwoards, of course).

Runing latest version (22.5) on Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me.  Instead of rebooting, I just went to Task Manager and ended ccxprocess in the details tab as well as disabling it from startup.  Once I did that, everything started working.  I had three computers with the same problem on the same day, so my guess is Adobe updated that ccxprocess and boogered things up.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hnn mine does it randomly. I wish they would just fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2022 Jul 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to end this process.  I hope adobe will fix what got messed up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same Problem since a few days. Deinstalling with the Adobe CC Cleaner worked for the first Startup, but afterwards i got the same error message. Killing the CCXProcess in the Task-Manager didnt work for me! Also disabling it at the startup didnt change a thing, because its starting itself anyways. Really could use a fix or workaround, since I need to work on a important Project 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might have a possible fix for my case. When starting Media Encoder before PP it seems to work! It worked 2 times, but I am afraid to close PP and retest it, before my Project is finished 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes after repeatedly testing, this solution works for me. Hopefully there will be a fix for this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not even sure what causes the error... Does anyone know?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no clue but I started with one of the latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2022 Sep 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this method (opening ME prior to PP) and received the same "Display Surface Initialization Failed"AdobeError1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, sometimes it loads after one or multiple tries. Other times, it won't load at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting error in windows 10 can anybody help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been dealing with this since like 2020.  Same problem persists across every version of Premiere, after every update of Mac OS.  The only solution I've ever found is to force quit premiere, then restart the computer, then launch premiere.  I've taken to not ever closing premiere, only closing the project...otherwise, restart city.

Earlier this year I upgraded from a 2013 Mac Pro to a Mac Studio.  I transferred my user and account settings so my new Mac would be as familiar as the last one...I regret it.  Should have gone with a fresh install because...you guessed it, I still have this same issue on the new computer.  

Anyway, best of luck, everyone.  I have to go restart so I can get back to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines