• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Premiere upgrade, saturation on timeline went off while footage saturation remained the same

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I recently upgraded Premiere after a series of crashes, but the crashes aren't the problem:

Once rebooted, my timeline window displays the footage saturated when no saturation effect has been added, while the raw footage remains flat, adn when I export the footage it keeps the saturation... what has happened here? I'm thinking of some solutions like relinking all the footage, but I need to know what has happened here to avoid it again in the future, and any other solution suggestions if available... (oh, and it's not a hardware issue, or if it is it's a weird one as I've opened the file in several different computers and the issue remains)

Image attached (right is raw flat footage .MXF, left is timeline window):

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 11.42.49.png

Thanks!

TOPICS
Editing , Error or problem , Export , Formats , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Hi ENON films,

Sorry to hear about this. In which color space was the media  recorded? Also, if this project was created in the previous version of Premiere Pro, please try these steps & check if it helps.

• Right-click on the media file in the Project panel.
  • Select Modify > Interpret Footage.
  • Under Color Management, set Color Space Override to Rec. 709 & click OK.

Let us know if restores the correct preview.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ENON films,

Sorry to hear about this. In which color space was the media  recorded? Also, if this project was created in the previous version of Premiere Pro, please try these steps & check if it helps.

• Right-click on the media file in the Project panel.
  • Select Modify > Interpret Footage.
  • Under Color Management, set Color Space Override to Rec. 709 & click OK.

Let us know if restores the correct preview.

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sumeet! That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me too. The problem only seems to come up when I start a Premier project from an existing Rush project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Wei Ting,

You can file a bug report here: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, is there a way to fix the same thing over at after effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AfterEffects has more color management control options than Premiere Pro does.

So check in the Ae help for that, and of course, ask on the Ae forum.

For work to be brought back into PrPro, you need to work to match CM settings.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sumeet,

My problem is worse than the saturation overlay... all of my source material.. simple, shot in HD on my iPhone and used successfully to produce rough versions successfully exported (through Premiere) are now, after upgrading the version, appearing as either solid green or digital "hash" in both source and playback monitors - although thumbnails appear properly (but scrub to green (see image)).  When using "Reveal in Finder" clips play perfectly in QT.   Tried unlinking and was hoping system would ask me to relink... but it didn't.  Tried your suggestion (above) and am still getting green hash screen.  Tried creating New Project and re-importing... still giving me green.  Thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a separate issue,  best to file a new post here.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean create a new posting for this different issue (with same description) - so that it's no longer part of this thread?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's cleaner and also gets a more focused response to post a new question on something, especially if it's a different problem like this.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got it.  Thank you.  Trying one last trick... then I'll either re-post or not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines