• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After two weeks of work, my Premiere videos are now unusable 1 day before it's due

Contributor ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really fun times. Literally nothing in my system configuration changed.

But now, when I open a particular sequence that I have been working on, Premiere flatly freezes until I kill it in Task Manager. I have:

• Done a clean boot
  • Updated my video drivers
  • Turned on and off hardware acceleration
  • A few other things I can't remember

I'm at the end of my rope. I do not know how to coax this file into behaving and I've gone from excited about my project to completely nauseous over my last hour of fighting with this. I would love to know either:

1.  Other things to try
  2.  Some way to contact Adobe support because holy hell is that impossible for me to figure out
TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

In the past waveform in nested sequences in the timeline caused issues

Turn off Show Audio waveform. See how that goes.

If you select the nest in the project panel you can go into the sequence setting and change the parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Addi entional detail: I managed to open the sequence in question. But the moment I moved toward a later nested sequence, the thing froze. How the heck do I deal with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put this nested sequence unnested in your master timeline.

See how that goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, there's a problem with that. The millisecond that that nested sequence appears in my timeline, the program freezes. I'm not able to even get that far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Set it to Audio Samples via project panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what that sentence means. Can you elaborate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First thing I try when this sort of thing happens is I open a brand new project, then import the problematic project in it's entirety. Sometimes that import can fix whatever corruption is causing your crashing. If the entire project behaves the same, try a new project and just import a sequence. Try to narrow down to what exactly is causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this. After doing it, the inverse problem happened: I could edit the problematic sequence, but the second I scrubbed to the left (to the preceding clips), it froze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it perhaps a particular clip that is freezing the program? Can you attempt to remove that clip and see if the freezing stops?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the past waveform in nested sequences in the timeline caused issues

Turn off Show Audio waveform. See how that goes.

If you select the nest in the project panel you can go into the sequence setting and change the parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

That did it. Disabling the audio waveform.

So appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines