• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All of my Premier Pro CC 2018 files are gone or deleted. I just start it up and they have disappeared.

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working on a project in pro cc for a VERY LONG time, I open up the software again from my taskbar as usual but all of a sudden I am greeter with the tutorial scene. Once it start up everything is gone! It's like it totally uninstalled and reinstalled by itself.

I checked both of my drives and all of my folders but there is absolutely nothing.

What happened and is it possible for me to get my files back or should I just sit here and contemplate life?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you searched for .prproj files?

Which version of PrPro of course,  as in 12.1 2?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah I have searched both my ssd and my hdd

there is a shortcut for the file but when i click it it says "this shortcut has been moved or changed, do you want to delete it?"

I am using Pro CC 2018 12.1.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A shortcut for a project file? Not used to that. PrPro doesn't make them, so that would be something you would have to have made.

And by project file, I am referring to the project files PrPro creates for each project you make. Not the program file for PrPro itself.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I understand. I have done this and nothing comes up. The only suspicious factor is that I was greeted with a tutorial scene when I opened up pro cc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere does not delete files unless you tell it.

Even if Premiere did reset itself the project and your files are still on your computer (windows or mac?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on windows. My files are not on my computer. I have done a detailed search through both of my drives and nothing comes up. I even installed recuva to scan the drives for deleted files and nothing comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, at least tell me if there is nothing I can do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro cannot delete your project folder/files. It looks like something my have happened to your computer, maybe an automatic OS update, or a restore after a systeme crash?

It is very weird that you wouldn't fide your project file on your HDD. Also check, if you're using Windows, that an update hasn't changed the letter associated with your drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The drives are C and D as they always have been, windows says it hasn't had any updates, and my system didn't crash. I was working on them one night and they were gone the next morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but all of a sudden I am greeter with the tutorial scene.

This indicates that the Preferences in Premiere Pro has been reset, a thing that happens now and then with Premiere Pro for some yet unknown reason. None of your files are deleted, so open your file explorer and do a search for your .prproj-file and open it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand. Problem is, they are not on my computer anymore whatsoever. I scanned the drives with recuva software, did a detailed search through my entire drives, and there is nothing to be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would take a specialized script for the app to go through your computer and find everything. Written for the file locations on your computer. Doesn't make sense to me.

No idea how this happened. But PrPro isn't my top candidate.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open Explorer (Win+E), click on This PC and type in *.prproj in the Search box. By selecting This PC it will search through all connected HDD´s and will find all project files you have. All Premiere Pro project files have the file ending prproj.

Recuva do find files if they indeed are deleted, but i don´t think they are deleted hence why Recuva did not find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines