• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacts exporting in Premiere 2024 on PC only

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently, I'm having an issue with exporting in Premiere on PC (only). Basically, periodically, I'm getting encoding artifacts randomly in the videos I export. It is consistent in where it appears in the video (always in the same places), the errors don't appear in the source video, and when I export on a Mac - the artifacts aren't there. Here is an example of what we're seeing:

Tanner291414841ecw_0-1718669067275.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from cc desktop bugs">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2024 Jun 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you - looking forward to any guidance on this....

So far, I've tried:

- rebuilding the computer and reinstalling everything to the latest version, 

- walking back versions into 23.XX

- Rendering in other export formats (MPG2/AVI/H265)

- Rendering with all sorts of options switched back and forth in Export settings

- Rendering the same PPROJ/source files from a different PC

So far, if its on a PC, the problem exists, if its with a Mac/OSX, the problem is not present. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the media on your timeline an All-I codec? While it doesn't help diagnose your exact problem, a solution that should work would be to convert your raw/source media to ProRes or Cineform, and then replace your media on the timeline with that, then try exporting.

I've seen the inverse of your problem (Macs having this issue where PCs didn't) and more or less came to the conclusion that the machines we were using were underpowered. Converting the source media (less work for the computer to use all-I codecs) worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is a graphics issue ... go to the Project panel dialog, change the GPU setting to Software Only, and see if it disappears. If so, there's your issue ...

Which GPU and what driver version are you using? If Nvidia, try updating to the most recent Studio driver, and using the "Clean install" options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If using a Nvidia card and 24.4.1 or later update to the most current STUDIO driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using an Nvidia 3070, and so I tried both of your suggestions - changing the GPU setting to software only, and installing the latest studio drivers as a 'clean install'. Blaming the GPU and the render process for encoding was next up on my list of things to track down....unfortunately neither of these suggestions worked, and the output is exactly the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2024 Jun 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...unfortunately neither of these suggestions worked, and the output is exactly the same.

By @thom1329_2

I am assuming that your source footage is .mp4 footage. If yes, the result you see happens too often but can be solved 98 times out of 100 if you rewrap the current source file and then use the rewrapped file as your source file.

Rewrapping a file can be done in the free of charge Shutter Encoder - Encoder|Converter

Try that and report back if it helped or not.

Averdahl_0-1718993632435.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
8 hours ago 8 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried re-wrapping the source files, and then replacing the footage in the timeline - and the exact same problem (at the exact same time) persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sounds like corruption in the sequence metadata.

Create a new sequence, copy/paste the clips from this to that. Next step of troubleshooting. And hope it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have been dealing with the exact same issues regarding artifacts on export. On A PC as well with everything updated. Rolled back Premiere and AME to the previous version where it seemed to work but doesn't anymore.  The software rendering option still causes issues but they are never in the same spots on the exports and it is ALWAYS on MXF files from a Sony FX6. I've exported other MXF files from the same camera over the past few years and didn't have this issue until the last update. I deleted all the render files as well although everything in the timeline plays as it should. I appreciate the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After having an Adobe tech work remotely through all the possible combinations on my comp the best option he came up with was to "render and replace" the trouble clip. He ran with the GoPro preset option which worked although it still doesn't explain why I was able to export out the exact same project with all the same settings a month ago with no artifacts.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a huge pain! Yea ... and why the change? Huh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines