• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assets - where to store them on Macbook Air M1?

Contributor ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I have a number of assets for me to get started with cobbling a short docu with.

Where on my Macbook should I put the assets?

Many thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guy.cruis,

Adobe's recommendations here: (scroll down to "Specify scratch disks to improve system performance")

"By default, scratch disk files are stored where you save the project. ... For best performance, dedicate a hard disk or disk strictly for your media assets. Choose a disk for the assets other than the disk where you keep your project file, operating system files, or the files for applications. That way your media disks can access and play media files as fast as possible, without having to access other files."

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One way is to gather all project assets and keep them in one folder that can also contain the Premiere Pro project. I tend to do this because it makes it easy to pick up just one project folder and move it to another volume, or archive it.

But there can be other factors too. A big one is how much unused space is left on the internal storage of your MacBook Air. If your MacBook Air internal storage has lots of free space, you can keep your project folder and assets anywhere on it. But if its internal storage is getting down to 100GB or less of free space and you haven’t even started adding assets to it, you might do what many video editors do: Keep your projects and assets on a fast external SSD, and plug that into your Mac when you want to work on the project. Do not let a computer’s internal storage get too full. If there is very little free space, the SSD will slow down, and you don’t want that if you are editing video.

If you will be using the same assets across multiple video projects, or sharing them with others, where and how you store your assets might be affected by how you want to set up the Productions feature in Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines