Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio channel settings greyed out when using Production

Participant ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm having a problem with audio channels in Premiere's Production. My workflow with Productions is that I put everything in seperate projects. So every episode I make goes in a seperate project, but also my raw material goes in a seperate project. I am a solo editor and I read that this was the way to go when you use productions as a solo editor.

But when I start a new sequence and drag my footage in it, somehow I can't acces the audiochannel settings of my clips (in the sqeuence) anymore. By the way, this is after I moved my sequence to the designated project.
You can see my problem here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEdouOxqnm4

I am wondering what I am doing wrong here. In a previous big project in which I used Productions I didn't have this problem. I really need the audio channel settings, because I record audio in two different channels and I need to select the correct channel for individual clips.

Not relevant in this case, but my system specs are:
Windows 10 updated
EVGA RTX 3060 (NVIDIA Studio drivers)
I7 processor
32GB ram
Editing and caching on sperate SSD's
TOPICS
Audio , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modify audio channel is done in the Project Window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally you can do this per clip also. In the screencapture I made you see it working in the beginning, but after moving my sequence to the "edits project" the function is suddenly greyed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can do only certain things on the clip in the timeline.

Some features need to be set before dropping it in the timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But I never have this when not working inside Productions. It's quite a standard thing to have, the ability to change the channel of a clip inside the timeline. I record two microphones, one on the left channel and one on the right channel, so I need to change inside a clip several times the channel when I have a dialogue for example. I'v already done this in Adobe Premiere for hundreds of movies, so I don't understand why it is suddenly not working. And as you can see in the screen capture, when I first create the sequence you can see that the function is available, but after moving the sequence to another bin the function is suddenly greyed out. So I don't understand the logic of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you resolve this, out of interest?

I've just come back to Productions, having worked with the same setup just a few months ago, and I'm experiencing this exact problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 17, 2022 Oct 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Dominic,

I didnt resolve it yet, but what I read in a Facebook post was that it is a known bug in the latest release. They already resolved it in the most recent beta-version aparently . Just wait for the next release, or roll back to the previous Premiere version. (or get the beta).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to version 23.0.0 and still this problem 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only workaround is to copy the sequence in to the same project as where the source material is coming from. But then the whole idea of using productions makes no sense anymore especially if you are using material from different projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not copy, but move i mean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue here. I wonder what other limitations Productions have

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines