• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio from previous video doesn't work (need update?)

Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was working in older videos (from last month) and there is one video (all VLC files) that doesn't show any audio when I drag it into the Source Monitor or the Timeline. I have already deleted Media Cache and Media Cache files, renamed the folder that contains the footage I need, and restarted PPro, nothing works...

Spent hours looking for a solution, but still haven't found one. It's only that one file, all the others (both older and more recent) work.

I'm working in 2015.4, no idea why though, because I only have installed Adobe Premiere Pro a few months ago. Do I need to do updates myself? Could this be a problem? So strange though it's only that one video.

I've spent the entire day looking for solutions, but still haven't found one that works...

Thanks in advance!

Jolien

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Thank you so much for the help. Unfortunately it didn't help either, but what did work is just download it from my youtube channel and with that file the audio was back in adobe as well, strange . Thanks so much for the reply though!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joliens,

It might be an issue with the file. Transcode the file to an other format using https://handbrake.fr/ & import into Premiere Pro.

Please let us know the status.

Thanks,

Vidya Sagar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the help. Unfortunately it didn't help either, but what did work is just download it from my youtube channel and with that file the audio was back in adobe as well, strange . Thanks so much for the reply though!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines