Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio issues of paramount importance

Contributor ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy of my bug report:

Audio is suffering from two massive issues.

1-Inconsistent audio waveform render (the "waveform" picture) which has been a long standing PITA.

2-Show stopper: this solo toggle to activate playback issue I see repeatedly mentioned here.

You know those articles that talk about just how critical audio is to the production piece. It never has felt like PPro gives this that priority.

I had a director waiting for me to trouble shoot playback of a complex timeline, with nested and sub sequence parts. 2 hour job took 5.

He (and I) were not pleased

Others enjoying these "challenges"

Please Discuss

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2018 Jul 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That whole solo/unsolo to 'free' your audio is an acknowledged bug with fix coming with the next patch release, which comes ... whenever they drop it. The PrPro team tends to drop bug-fixes in large groups, rather than as soon as they've something sorted, and personally, I'd rather they dropped a couple more patches when they knew that X bugs at least are fixed. They don't always seem to read my suggestions and apply them immediately, I just don't understand ...

Just in general, some of the people I've communicated with or watched their experiences have had better success doing nearly all audio work in the improved link to Audition with the 2018 builds. But a few have had issues with that workflow, and needed to stay within PrPro if possible.

For me, Audition seems the better place to work audio at the moment. But the only guarantee is that everyone's mileage will vary.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines