• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Normalize not Working Well

Community Beginner ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, I have 3 different audio files for 1 podcast and I need to normalize(make adudio equal level for every person and every point).

So, when 1 person speaks i disabled other person's audio as you can see, and it's okay, it worked good but everytime when i enabled 3 person's audio when everybody speaks at the same time, the voice level peaked or changed and it's annoying for audience.

I watched almost every video about normalize audio in premiere pro on youtube but didnt worked.
I can do it other programs but i dont wanna reedit whole damn episode again. So How can i solve that issue, how can i make same audio level for 3 different files.

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is one of the reasons (amongst others) that normalization is a really bad idea and ought to be avoided like the plague.

What you ought to be doing is using compression on each person's voice along with some decent EQ, using a HPF to eliminate rumble (which will be there, whether or not you can hear it - BTW, what are you using for monitoring?) and once you have each individual voice set so that it's absolute peak is no more than -10dBFS you then need to look at additional processing on the master buss - definitely put a limiter inline at first to protect both your ears & your monitors, set to a peak of no more than -2dBFS and you might also wish to consider further gentle compression on the master buss - ratio around 1.5:1 or 2:1 so it works as a 'glue' effect rather than more actual heavy compression.

The ratio used on each of the voice tracks will depend on the source material, but I would suggest starting at around 6:1 to 10:1 with a fast attack to catch transients quickly. Release should be slower than the attack but not too slow or too fast.

What compression plugins do you have available please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines