• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio out of sync by Adobe premiere cs5.5

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2011 Aug 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a major problem. It's not a new problem because I had the same problem in CS3, but expected that the problem would be fixed in CS5.5.

With HDV-video sometimes the audio get out of sync. Before the audio gets out of sync there is a problem with some frames. There are a lot of blocks in the video and after that the video is normal, but the audio is out of sync. Because the audio is ahead of the video I think that in fact the video is out of sync (because of the frame problem earlier).

But now the strangest thing: when I play the video in Windows Media Player or VLC there is NO problem! It's fine! There are no corrupt frames and the audio stays in sync.

So the capturing is OK. It makes no difference capturing with Adobe Premiere (*.mpeg) or with HDVsplit (*.m2t).

Adobe renders the files when importing and I think there is the problem, but what is the solution?

Please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2012 Mar 01, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Todd, I see that the audio sync issue with mpeg hdv captures is something that's been around for several years. This is a huge issue. Isn't there some way you can communicate to the people on the forums whether or not this issue is being looked at? So many other programs, including $50 editing suites do not have this issue and yet premiere has suffered from it for 3-4 years. For the price we pay for this, we deserve a definitive answer and we deserve a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar problem:

I do a lot of multitrack editing, editing in the old fasioned way by revealing clip below each other. My import video is from Canon 5D Mkiis and Canon 60Ds and I am match the DSLR audio with a Zoom 4HN. On almost each session I find that some of my  clips inexplicably go out of synch. I am wondering what work around there is for this. In FCP 7, it warns you when you move either a video or audio clip out of synch accidentaly. There seems to be no such thing in Premier. I thought about locking the audio track, but that doesn't help if the video clip it is supposed to be match to moves a few seconds out of synch. Maybe I am doing it all wrong, but I don't think so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it warns you when you move either a video or audio clip out of synch accidentaly

Premiere Pro does the same, if you know what to look for.  You will notice red timecode in the clips.  This indicates how much the two are out of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2012 Aug 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just encountered a similar problem of HDV24 footage not syncing in Premiere (CS3), but playing just fine in VLC and Windows Media Player. 

What did eventually work was setting an in and out point and choosing "Capture In/Out" rather than "Capture Tape."  I don't know why this worked when capturing the entire tape wouldn't, but it did.  Hopefully this will help anyone having a similar problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2012 Sep 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

count me as complaining. after about a year off of not doing anything with analog, i bought a canopous advc, and using onlocation or premiere, the audio is OOS in adobe, but completely fine when watchinjg the video in windows media player. very remiscent of how iphone audio is off by about 3 frames in adobe, but completely fine watching it in quicktime.

sad thing is, video that i would capture using roxio, and my composite capture card directly into my MoBo, no out of sync at all. hmmm.... i wonder if capturing with a different program would help? or if converting it to lossless avi would help? i dunno. i'm miffed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2012 Sep 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AUDIO SYNC in  any media player but UNSYNC after imported to PREMIER

From my experience , this happen after i rename the file.

i got few files in a folder. i rename the file  by adding prefix before the file name for easy editing. eg : Jess kiss take1_MVI_0991, Jess kiss take2_MVI_0992.

(i use windows 7 64 bit . so i just copy-paste the word when rename) . This files i copied from my memory card after use the camera

Some files i just leave it untouched since it just establishing shots. eg: MVI_ 0900, MVI_0901)

Then when i import the folder and even tried import 1 by 1. All the files that i renamed is not sync. and looks like some audio data lost. But the files that i didnt rename are fine after import.

Then i used other PC, copied the folder(with renamed files) and  it works fine, 

At first i thought PC is the problem, maybe hardware or codec issuee. but one day i tried to troubleshoot this since i  only got my old pc that can be used.

I tried many Things,and  came up with 2 solutions

1) use other file converter and maintain highest quality posible.

2) Copy back the original file from memory card ( before i renamed them)

Not everytime this happen to me, but it migth got something to do with indexing and cache.. but weird  part is if i duplicate (copy-paste) the renamed file and put other name or turn back to its original name and import again , it wont solve the problem..

hope this help you guys or technical person to look into this matters,

thanks

_

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2012 Oct 05, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From extensive research and testing regarding this problem, it's my conclusion this issue has nothing to do with system specs, hard drive speed, media cache issues, or conforming.

The issue is that if during capture, there are dropped, or even partially dropped frames (we're talking just a spec of noticeable glitch within a frame) the MPEG2 program stream which is being transferred from tape to computer in 1s and 0s does not follow the correct GOP/Header/Mux format.  Simply put - 1s and 0s are lost.

Programs like VLC, Windows Media, and QuickTime, will play the file and "fill" the missing data (with either garbled video, grey video, etc.) - whereas Premiere "joins" the gap - (Red Frames in still mode) or the missing data if you will, which is what causes the video to fall from sync from the audio. This only started happening with CS4 and beyond.

I run a production facility and we have encountered an uncountable amount of loss due to this issue - which only became apparent with the CS4 or CS5 upgrade.  Before that, we were using CS1 and CS2, and had no issues.

Something changed with the way Premiere handles MPEG2 Program streams during those post CS3 releases - and I highly doubt there will be a bug fix on the horizon.

Keep in mind - the last HDV Camcorder released to the prosumer market was in 2009 - and there are no future releases planned. Simply put, this issue is not on the radar of Adobe as HDV will ultimately become a dead format.

You have, in my opinion, only these options:

1. 1.)  Use a KiPro to capture from an HDV source via HDMI - then edit from the KiPro files. (This works - and is what we've been doing).

- Note - you must capture across HDMI, or Component - not Firewire - in order to strip the video of its missing data. 

1. 2.) Try a software platform such as MPEGRepairHD:  http://www.pixeltools.com/MpegRepairhd.html (Which supposedly fixes these errors on the fly during capture - however we haven’t tested it because it's a $4000 per license piece of software)

1. 3.) Use an alternate method to #1 - some sort of capture device that allows for capture over HDMI - not FireWire - into an edit friendly codec.   When we originally encountered this issue - we bought 3-4 products to test - all of which had issues with the way they handled these frame drops - no matter how small.  The KiPro was the only unit that worked for us.

It's a shame this issue was never resolved.  We have a ton of money invested in Adobe products - and 14 full time employees / 8 full edit suites running Production Premium / Premiere CS6.  We've wasted so many countless hours researching, testing, and then implementing a workaround to this - and even the work around is a hassle (large files with KiPro). We're slowing getting out of our HDV backlog, but we have 100s of tapes to go.

Hope this information helps some of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue for me was solved simply by checking the Scene Detect option. So when Adobe encounters a bad frame where audio sync would become a problem, the clip is captured to file and a new clip is started. Therefore, no audio sync issues occur within the clips. This has been a life-saver to me as all my footage was becoming unusable without this workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We tried that approach - however we load large volumes of footage (3000+ hdv tapes a year).  When premier encounters even a partial frame drop - or glitch, it will lose sync - which is not caught by scene detection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 06, 2012 Oct 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't double-post.  Duplicate post deleted.

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced the audio-out-of-synch fairly recently in Premiere CS5. It is apparently due to using the pre-record feature of my Panasonic AVCHD camera. I disabled the pre-record today, and voila! No more out of synch issues. Don't know if this appliies to HDV cameras, however.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 14, 2014 Apr 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
Did you find any solution for this problem. I have same problem. Please can you help me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2014 Apr 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and the solution for me was to check the Detect Scenes checkbox before capturing video. That breaks up the footage into scenes every time the camera was stopped and restarted instead of creating one large file of all footage. Since I've been doing this I have never seen this problem again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2014 May 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that might help is to drop  the video into audition and make a separate wav then marry them in Premiere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know this is BS you think that Adobe would have fixed this problem versions ago but here I am in Primer CC and I just updated the software through the creative cloud app and it still persists. This post was originally posted i 2011 and here I am 4 years later and the same problem is still an issue. Looks like adobe rather make new improvements witch they do on a constant basis rather then fix a problem that has been insisting for almost half an decade. I don't think using new technology to mask the flaws of old tech is an ethical way of going about things. older issues should be put to top priority and handled quicker.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2015 Mar 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm not the only one having this problem. I used Sony Vegas in the past and had no problems, however, I thought the offer of CC on a monthly plan was a great way of getting all the products in the suite in one place.

I have just shot a 1 hour video in one take of my church production. Much to my annoyance the sound goes out of sync when editing in Premier. I though it was me as I am not very experienced in the editing of video. So, I used Audition to extract the audio, clean it up (5 hours) and then render and replace the audio. Everything looks fine to start with, then low and behold, the audio goes out of sync again. I have tried cutting the audio up and shifting blocks back and forth but this does not work (7 hours).

All in all a terrible experience with what I perceived as a wonderful product. So what is my next move? I am stuck in a payment plan that I cannot stop, but as Adobe are not giving a product that is fit for use, surely I am able to claim this as a reason for cancelling my subscription.

I now have to go an buy another product to edit and produce a finished product for the church.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2015 Sep 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 Same problem here and no aparent  solution unfortunately. such a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I found a workaround. I'd like to call it a fix but it's actually a workaround. I fixed the audio synch issues by using a free program called handbrake.

I made a tutorial on YouTube if it helps - I did this because it took me a fair bit of playing around until I finally found it!

Premier Pro Webcam fix - audio synch issues - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2016 Apr 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay I had the same question. However, many people think it is a very hard problem, but in reality, they are overthinking it. If you use the "Linked Section" tool, you can move the audio without moving the video. So, what I did is use that tool to just shift my audio to match the video. This requires a very keen eye but you will get the hang of it. Hope this helped!

-Cam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines