• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Popping in CC 2015?

Engaged ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else experiencing audio "popping" in CC 2015 when playing back a timeline?  Happens at random times.  If I stop playing and restart over the area that had a pop, it is no longer there.  There is no popping on the source audio and this problem did not exist in CC 2014.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Hi BSBeamer, and others on the thread,

Is anyone else experiencing audio "popping" in CC 2015 when playing back a timeline?  Happens at random times.  If I stop playing and restart over the area that had a pop, it is no longer there.  There is no popping on the source audio and this problem did not exist in CC 2014.

Yes, I'm seeing this here on the forum and on social networks. I'll flag the issue and get a bug written up. You can do the same here: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 153 Replies 153
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have not seen this yet in 2015 under Windows 81 Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this semi-related thread:

https://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/967145

Experiencing the pops in CC 2015.0 (9.0.0 247 Build) on OS X 10.10.3 on Mac Pro (Mid-2012) when working on a timeline.  Re-scanned audio plugins, even though only currently using the Adobe "audio effects" and seems to have very little difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had issues with popping audio as well. Although,  my problems only occur on exports.  I'm on PPRO 2015 under Windows 8.1. The issue seems to be related to using audio transitions on particular clips.  If I remove the audio transitions the problem goes away. I also found that if I export audio only it would be fine. Strange enough,  I also found that if I click the solo button for all tracks the popping would go away. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. It only seems to happen if it plays the clip for the first time so to speak. Next time I play it, it's ok. Unless I trim it, or adjust levels, then it pops again at the start of the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It only seems to happen if it plays the clip for the first time so to speak. Next time I play it, it's ok.

I have started seeing this occasionally on my main Windows 7 edit system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having this issue too on CC2015 OSX 10.9.5.

For those saying to just add a crossfade, it's more like a bug - makes a 0dB crack pop on my left stereo channel at the top of random audio regions that are mixed and leveled. Happens when I restart Premiere Pro, and shows on the export. But when played back, it's gone. Cannot be seen in the waveforms.

Did not experience this at all in the 2014 build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. It usually happens when I am first playing an audio clip and it makes a 0db snap or crack sound. You can see the spike in the audio meter. It has also been showing up in the exports.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anything being done to fix this issue?  I'm finding it very difficult to work around with client projects.  Exporting mixdowns and unchecking the "enable" box for audio clips seems to help as a temporary workaround, but unless you're in the finishing stages of a project, that is not going to get you very far...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this audio pop problem in the new Premiere'15. VERY frustrating. Was not in the previous iterations of my projects, now its in ALL my projects. Can't export anything without at least 2 pops in random places, always at the beginning of audio clips. Turn sound all the way down for a smooth fade-in does not help.

Anyone from Adobe acknowledging us here yet????

Dennis

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone from Adobe acknowledging us here yet????

No - there has not been a response from anyone at Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I'm having the pop problems on both machines.  Luckily it doesn't show up in the renders.  I'm running PP CC 2015 on both my desktop and laptop: Early 2009 Mac Pro 2.66GHz 2x quad core with 16GB RAM with a GTX 285 with 1024MB, and a Macbook Pro Retina 15" 2.3GHz with 16GB, and the dual graphics cards GT 750M 2048MB.

Jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too, on playback and exports.

On a 2013 and 2012 Mac Pro, both running 10.9.5 and Blackmagic cards.

Very annoying with clients in the room.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very annoying with clients in the room.

That's probably the worst part of this.  Some are already skeptical of Premiere as an editing system.  Experiences like this do NOTHING to ease those concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been three days and not even a reply or acknowledgement from Adobe?  It's not an isolated incident! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sceen.pngI am having the same issue, the only work around I have found is filling every audio hole in your timeline with a 0db audio file.  It only happened for me at the beginning of the clip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 22, 2015 Jul 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Adding in the 0db audio file before the audio cut where the audio pop occurs has been the only solution for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I got today from Adobe Support:

Mark Crews: Do you know if Adobe is working on a fix?

Adobe: I can't comment on that right now, very soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced this so many times over the past two weeks, it's made me livid. I tried sending to Media Encoder, and that seemed to work for awhile, but then it started leaving in the pops. Now, I've removed all audio transitions, and it works maybe 20% of the time. It really sucks, because the files I'm exporting are massive, so I have to wait for it to finish to check for all the pops. When I hear one, I feel like launching my computer across the room.

If this were a CS disc release, they would have checked it before it went to market, but since they've got us all by the goods, they'll just release whatever crap they've got, and see what happens. I, and I suspect many others, are reconsidering their creative cloud accounts right now. AVID is looking far more appealing again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found on my project that if I mark every audio track as "solo" it would render without any pops. So, if you have X number of Audio tracks, click the "S" for all of them... Does that trick work for anyone else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found if I export it as a wav, reimport it, duplicate my sequence, use the wav file, then export; no popping on the export. Terrible and time-consuming, but it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically the same workaround I've been using and the only thing that actually works most of the time.  Did have an isolated issue where it did not, so just be sure to double check all exports.  Better to catch it before a client does... Even opening in Audition and viewing the waveform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem, only on the first mxf clip for me. It cuts in a frame of audio from earlier in the timeline. Doesn't matter if you crossfade or if the level is zeroed, wherever the clip starts it pops (or in my case beeps because it is cutting to the color bars/tone I have at the front of my timeline).  I've tried rendering with both open GL and software only and it's still there. Also tried the solo trick mentioned above but it doesn't fix it for me. Right now my fix is to have a "hidden" mxf video file in the leader (hidden in that it has audio level is at zero and is hidden by a black layer over it, I've found you can't have a disabled clip as it will still pop on the next enabled clip). It still pops in the leader where I have it now but from that point on the rest of the timeline is good.

Using CC 2015 on Yosemite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BSBeamer, and others on the thread,

Yes, I'm seeing this here on the forum and on social networks. I'll flag the issue and get a bug written up. You can do the same here: http://adobe.ly/ReportBug

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've submitted bug reports.  Also submit crash reports when they are generated. 

Can you please advise WHEN a fix for this may be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines