• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio stops after a (short) while (in Premiere)

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I have downloaded Adobe CC 2018 (4.3.0.256) I experience troubles with my audio-track in Premiere.

Audio just stops after a (short) while. From that moment on, the audio meter is also dead.

When I close Premiere and restart, the sound is back for some time.

This issue also occurs in old projects.

Windows 8.1

Intel i7 64-bits

16,0 Gb RAM

Hope someone can help me...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same problem... Essentially makes Premiere completely unusable right now. Having this issue on my Macbook Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the clips are properly conformed/indexed before doing anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the exact same problem on Windows 10...works for about a minute then no more audio, no more metering

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, this does not work.

Try to reinstall. But this also does not work.

What should I do? Wait for an update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's get the full details.

How To Ask For Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is going to cost way too much time. At my office I now work with an older version. At home I am looking for an alternative (and wait for Adobe to fix this bug).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheoD,

If you are on WIN8, you should not be having this trouble. Can you try this issue in a brand new project and report back the results?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here... premiere pro totaly useless for now and no way to use the old premiere cc2017 .... this need a fix and quick !!!! I can't figure out how such a fail as pass through test ... The audio clips (wav) works, but after a short time, the audio of the videos is totaly silent.... (the only audio ones continue to work)... ??? WTF

here on Mac osX sierra...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

back to CC2017 ... it works again... will not swich to 2018 until this problem is resolved... (what a loss of time trying to make it work... )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also concluded that it costs too much time. At my office I now work with an older version. At home I am looking for an alternative (and wait for Adobe to fix this bug).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entoine87,

Check Step 14: Troubleshooting linking and importing errors with MTS and MP4 files after updating to Premiere Pro C...

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this but it did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Audio sudenly stopped working in premkiere, i can see audio meter, there is oviecly a signal, but there is no output. i can't hear it. Also can't working . First there was an error like....you don't have an audio codec? and than was ok for a few days...and than, it just stopped working.

Don't know why, everything was ok, till' now.......what should i do?

Pease help.

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also on Mac osX Sierra with the same problem. A quick fix is to copy and paste the timeline into another sequence with the same settings. Audio suddenly works again, but will stop again after awhile. Really really really annoying and unacceptable. Just got the notice that Adobe is raising its monthly fee for CC. How you can raise fees for broken products, I don't know. Fix this, Adobe!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue also occurs for me. I'm running the latest Premiere Pro CC 2018 (12.0.0 Build 224) on Windows 10 Pro, and the audio will work momentarily, and then simply stop working. Restarting PP will fix the issue, but only for a moment. The audio cuts out quickly, and usually dies after the first time I stop and restart playing any piece of media. I wanted to reply to this to let Adobe know that this is still an ongoing issue.

Custom PC (Powerspec)

Windows 10 Pro

Intel i7-7700k, 16GB RAM

GeForce 1080Ti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on Windows 10. Everything is up to date on my computer.

I tried various troubleshooting guides, cleared media cache etc with no luck.

I'm using only .mov files with pcm audio at 48khz, with matching settings for my sequences.

The only kind of hint I found was that there was no audio in most of my proxy files (there is in some) when converted, although the audio works fine on every original files when played in vlc for example. I then deactivated the proxies in my project (and cleared the media cache) but this didn't fix the issue, so maybe this is just a problem with my media encoder settings and is not related, but who knows...

Anyway the problem is still ongoing, if anyone finds a solution...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Adobe, any Update on this?

Have the same Problem on Win10, seems to happend to .mov files from iPhone. They play in VLC just fine, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2018 Feb 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I managed to kind of "fix" the problem by converting my files to .mp4 with aac audio. Premiere seems to have a hard time dealing with pcm audio...

This doesn't solve the issue but if you can record (or convert your files) with aac audio (You can choose if You're using filmic pro for example) You might be fine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2018 Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx for the tip, @AgentBorussia, I was in fact using Filmic Pro, but I should have known this prior to our holiday. The thing is that I started editing in an earlier version of Premiere where the sound worked just fine and now I can't go back to that version, because the file is not compatible. It's really extremely annoying, especially because when rendering the movie to a file, the sound is missing randomly in the output. Hope Adobe will come up with a fix soon ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2018 Mar 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this - really annoying, really disappointing. This is productivity blocking and Adobe needs to fix it properly. This is clearly a bug and workarounds are not helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as well. However, I've managed to find a quick work-around solution - just press the solo button on any track, then deactivate the solo, and that should make it work again... At least it's easier than restarting Premiere all together!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've only just updated to the latest version. Some bugs have been fixed, but now this new one has been introduced.  I also discovered that clicking the solo button, then deactivating it makes the audio return.  But it's a real pain as I've just encoded a large file to h264 only to find that a lot of audio is missing.  The problem occurs when Premiere is first re-opened.  (I'm using mxf files and Windows 10). So before encoding, it's now necessary to check that all the audio tracks are actually working - very time consuming when multiple audio tracks with lots of cuts are used.  I dread updates as they always seem to introduce new bugs.  And having opened and worked on a project in the latest update, it's not possible to open it in the previous version of CC.  All very unsatisfactory for a 'professional' program.  Adobe really ought to give priority to making everything work before introducing new features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spot on. We're all basically paying to be beta testers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines